Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 walk away lock.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been having issues with my model 3 walk away lock as of this week. My Tesla will not auto lock and most times when I get out it’ll still play music and actually turn up the volume as well as turn on the a/c when I *sugar* the door after getting out. I then turn the air off in tesla app and lock car. Any insights?

Been having issues with my model 3 walk away lock as of this week. My Tesla will not auto lock and most times when I get out it’ll still play music and actually turn up the volume as well as turn on the a/c when I *sugar* the door after getting out. I then turn the air off in tesla app and lock car. Any insights?
I'm assuming your phone auto-corrected "shut" to something else, and the forum autocorrected that to "sugar" :-D

I am driving a Model 3 and facing problems with the walk away door lock function while unlocking works fine. Even connecting cell phone with car works w/o problems. Tried everything including reboot of car and de-installing and reconnecting the app.

Now I found out that a child seat on the front seat is interferring with the reliability of the walk away door lock function. I am sure this is due to the seat sensor recognizing the weight of the seat some times. If i remove the child seat from the seat everything works fine as it should.

I guess that could be an easy software fix for Tesla and would be very much apprechiated as the child seat will still be required for some time...