TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 was a hit at car show!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Bobbo8, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Bobbo8

Bobbo8 Member

I was invited to a Classic Car show by a Model S owner. There were corvettes Chevys, Fords, MGs, etc. The Model 3 and the Model S were the hit of the show! Everyone wanted to know more about Tesla and and were impressed.

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Sell any of them?

• Like x 1
  3. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

CEA8930A-B5A5-4128-887F-67FF166095DE.jpeg
    lol - Tesla should start to do a referal for the non-performance 3, even if they add a lower tier - we talked to quite a few people a a car show last weekend. Working to get the word out..

• Like x 1
  4. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Pop the hood.. oh wait.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  5. ibdb

ibdb Any excuse for a road trip

As someone who was recently hit in a parking lot, I read this title entirely wrong and came in to this thread expecting something entirely different. I'm glad to see I was wrong.

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 1
  6. swaltner

swaltner Member

Me too - on misreading the title, not on being hit, thankfully.

Regarding opening the frunk, yes, do it at every car show, at least for part of the time. When I've had the Model 3 at events around town, I've had the frunk (and trunk) opened for at least half the time. Slide the false floor forward in the trunk for maximum effect. Having the frunk open is definitely a way to get the attention of the passers-by for the people that don't recognize it as a Tesla or EV.

• Like x 1
  7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

But it’s nothing special. Porsche had it since the dawn of time.

8. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

Can't phrased better. I felt the exactly the same initially and expected to see damages pictures, which is not pleasant to view.

9. stonelance

stonelance Member

The thought of a Tesla at a classic car show is extremely funny to me.