Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 was the best-selling luxury vehicle in the US in 2018...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a bit surprising, given the well-documented production difficulties Tesla experienced, but on the other hand not that surprising given the quality and broad appeal of the overall package...

10 Best-Selling Luxury Cars and SUVs in America in 2018

The Model 3 is certainly a watershed moment in EV vehicle development/adoption.

For me it will be a bit odd seeing similar cars everywhere. The last ~10 years I've driven relative unicorns - cars that sold well less than 10K each year, as good as they were. The S6 I traded for the Model 3 typically sold about 1200 units per year, or 1/100th (!!!!) of the Model 3's 2018 tally of over 125K units...

• Informative
Reactions: V__2 and EinSV
Just for the record on this, according to Automotive News, the Model 3 was the 5th best-selling vehicle of any type in the US in January.

It's a bit nebulous, since Tesla doesn't report monthly like most others, but for as of last year GM doesn't either and Ford is planning to follow suit this year. So there are estimates in play here. They put the Model 3 at 28,000 January sales.

Consider that the Model 3 is within striking distance of the Honda CR-V to be the best-selling non-pickup truck vehicle in the US.

Anyone who's been around here a while knows I'm no Tesla cheerleader but I'd say that's a remarkable achievement.

...Consider that the Model 3 is within striking distance of the Honda CR-V to be the best-selling non-pickup truck vehicle in the US.

Anyone who's been around here a while knows I'm no Tesla cheerleader but I'd say that's a remarkable achievement.

Agreed, and that's because it's a remarkable vehicle. Not perfect, not at all, but amazing/remarkable nonetheless.

Also, I'm virtually your neighbor - I'm near Mundelein. :cool:

Reactions: mattjs33