Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Wh/km

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aero covers will make a slight difference on the highway. It'll move you from 130Wh/km down to 110-125Wh/km. However, I notice that it leaves marks/light scuffs on the stock rims :(
Thanks for the information. Sounds like the covers do have a benefit. I don't have my car yet (hopefully next week or two) but my understand is that if you are taking off / putting on the aero covers you need to keep the clamps on the cover clean plus where those clamps mate on the wheel clean in order to prevent/reduce scuffs.

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the covers do have a benefit. I don't have my car yet (hopefully next week or two) but my understand is that if you are taking off / putting on the aero covers you need to keep the clamps on the cover clean plus where those clamps mate on the wheel clean in order to prevent/reduce scuffs.

It's not the clamps that leave the scuffs. It's where the points of the holes end and there's a small contact point to the rim. Dusts/debris/salt gather here and leaves a dull scuff. Not noticeable unless you're detailing and reveal the smooth finish on the rest of the rim. Not a huge deal for day to day use.

It's not the clamps that leave the scuffs. It's where the points of the holes end and there's a small contact point to the rim. Dusts/debris/salt gather here and leaves a dull scuff. Not noticeable unless you're detailing and reveal the smooth finish on the rest of the rim. Not a huge deal for day to day use.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Is this normal? On a charge of 98% doing 105 km/hr speed at approx. 5 degrees Celsius, I’m only getting approx. 350 km range. At 115 km/hr it’s down to about 300 km range.

I have a LR RWD with 18”.
If your heater is runing (presumably since it's 5C outside) then yes, it's pretty normal. That's actually around 220 wh/km efficiency which is typical in those temps. When it gets down to below zero it will settle to around 250-275 wh/km depending on what you set the heater temp to.

SR+
5,525 km
126 Wh/km

Even with recent almost 0 degree temps, I find if I charge 10% in the morning before work (from 70-80% soc) my commute is typically sub 120 Wh/km. I’m summer it was low 90’s.

Even with occasional trips with heat I’m seeing 143 Wh/km. Be interesting to see what happens when it drops to -40, but so far been really impressed with SR+ efficiency.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
SR+
5,525 km
126 Wh/km

Even with recent almost 0 degree temps, I find if I charge 10% in the morning before work (from 70-80% soc) my commute is typically sub 120 Wh/km. I’m summer it was low 90’s.

Even with occasional trips with heat I’m seeing 143 Wh/km. Be interesting to see what happens when it drops to -40, but so far been really impressed with SR+ efficiency.

This is awesome. Do you drive a lot of City or Hghway? For me, I am at +200Wh/Km even when its 5C outside.
I think i am going to change the charge current so that the battery is charging in the morning and finishes just before my commute.

This is awesome. Do you drive a lot of City or Hghway? For me, I am at +200Wh/Km even when its 5C outside.
I think i am going to change the charge current so that the battery is charging in the morning and finishes just before my commute.

I do both and find highway is usually a little higher because my commute isn’t very long. In fact, it’s short enough you could probably just call it city driving lol.

While weather plays a huge part, I find the SR+ has severely limited regen (even in the summer I never started a drive without having dots). Preheating mitigates this at least a little bit.

Can you share the chart template? I would like to use it. Thanks!

Just an excel sheet. Model 3 kW Log

Copy what you need :)

Note: I've left many columns unused since updating it on a daily basis. I simply copy the previous line and change:

1. Odometer reading.
2. Starting battery charge (in kms)
3. Ending battery charge (in kms)
4. Voltage/Current (if you're into this level of detail)
5. Where/What/vs TeslaFi data.

The rest fills out itself. It's not exact but gives a good ball park figure of what's happening.