Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Wh/km

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
Is everyone basically using the trip B computer to track lifetime or is it available elsewhere in the UI? If someone (perhaps another driver) reset it would lifetime stats be forever lost?

I’m using ‘Trip B’ for lifetime. Zero it and I lose it. They should really have a ‘Lifetime Use’ screen as well.

Insilin

May 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
I think I may be the least efficient of the group so far! I’m at 165 Wh/km and I’ve left my Aero covers on since day one. So far I’ve logged 10,200 km including a roadtrip to Tennesee that we just came back from.

I use Standard regen, but no Chill mode for acceleration. I don’t precondition and I have cabin overheat protection set not to use the AC. My commute is almost 100% highway, half being 400-series and half with an 80 speed limit.

My average is actually worse, I'm at 4700km with an average of 172 Wh/km. It's getting slightly better overall but a lot of times going to work I average 230 wh/km.

5_+JqckQttqck

Apr 27, 2018
Toronto
I'm using trip B and didn't think of it right away so its off by bit. It should have lifetime somewhere but I don't think it does yet. Hopefully they are tracking it in the software somewhere and can display it.

Scroll down in that little pop up screen. It'll have a lifetime section in addition to Trip A and B. Also "Since last charge".

For people who primarily drive in the City.. what is the real world mileage? Are you getting beyond the 499km rated range?
I’m getting the advertised range for my regular commute. Did a road trip in July that was super warm and used a lot of AC which lost about 20km I estimate. Made getting to the Grimsby SC too close for comfort.

How the hell are you guys getting really low Wh/km?

I have 19” sport wheels;

Lifetime 157 Wh/km (3500km)
Recent Niagara Trip 142 Wh/km and I was trying to make the most out of the battery that day.

Are you guys driving slow or not hitting it hard once in a while? Curious
On highway, I set cruise to 110 and stick to the middle lane. AutoPilot keeps the revving to a minimum unless I need to get around the idiots doing 80 in the middle lane and fhe morons doing 135 in the left lane. :)

TOFLYIN

May 22, 2018
Toronto
5,231 Km total. Average is 140 wh/km. Mostly 401 driving Toronto to Kingston and return. 19" aftermarket rims and tires, though in my opinion the size of the wheels is not a factor in range. Total wheel weight will have some effect, and the type of tire will also have some. Biggest factor is speed. I usually do the speed limit on autopilot and just relax.

Reactions: McCaesar
Yeah me too but I didn't think of it for a couple of charges so it's a little behind my odometer.
I’m pretty happy with the consumption.

And it can be really low when I’m somewhat hypermiling

Attachments

• 0B019393-8087-4E77-B641-F2F71EC1D700.jpeg
    0B019393-8087-4E77-B641-F2F71EC1D700.jpeg
    830.6 KB · Views: 192
  • C76292FC-F531-469A-8C6A-2DB2C5697A91.jpeg
    C76292FC-F531-469A-8C6A-2DB2C5697A91.jpeg
    604.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: McCaesar

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC