Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get wheel alignment in Southern California for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where to get wheel alignment in Southern California for the Model 3 outside of the service center? I lowered the car and I don’t want Tesla to void my warranty on suspension and related parts.

Thanks!
Useless effort. If you run into a "suspension and related parts" issue, are you going to swap back in the stock parts before you bring it in for the hypothetical warranty service? Otherwise, I think Tesla's probably going to notice when they go to do the repair. At which point, if they want, they'll claim you voided the warranty.

Wanting to find a good a non-Tesla alignment shop because they might be cheaper or faster than having Tesla do the work, could be worthwhile though.

Useless effort. If you run into a "suspension and related parts" issue, are you going to swap back in the stock parts before you bring it in for the hypothetical warranty service? Otherwise, I think Tesla's probably going to notice when they go to do the repair. At which point, if they want, they'll claim you voided the warranty.

Wanting to find a good a non-Tesla alignment shop because they might be cheaper or faster than having Tesla do the work, could be worthwhile though.

Makes sense. Thanks for the input.

Didnt want to create a new thread on this
But, i just got my car not to long ago (maybe a month?) and recently hit a really big pot hole and the car has been driving very rough (very bumpy\rough, slight veer right) since. Im not a car guy so not sure what the issue is, alignment\balance? would this be a suspension thing?
Either way,I tried to call the service center here in san diego to ask about an alignment and they wanted something like $325-350, is that normal? I know on previous cars i would just go to firestone or a local place and it would be less than 100 (or $200 for lifetime at firestone), so this seemed a bit excessive and was wondering if anyone here was in San Diego or SoCal that could recommend a good place to get this looked at?

Didnt want to create a new thread on this
But, i just got my car not to long ago (maybe a month?) and recently hit a really big pot hole and the car has been driving very rough (very bumpy\rough, slight veer right) since. Im not a car guy so not sure what the issue is, alignment\balance? would this be a suspension thing?
Either way,I tried to call the service center here in san diego to ask about an alignment and they wanted something like $325-350, is that normal? I know on previous cars i would just go to firestone or a local place and it would be less than 100 (or $200 for lifetime at firestone), so this seemed a bit excessive and was wondering if anyone here was in San Diego or SoCal that could recommend a good place to get this looked at?

As @RZRZ mentioned, check for damage to the wheels. $325 is the quote I got from Tesla. I guess this is the going rate. But in case you need your car aligned, I went to a wheel/tire shop in San Gabriel, CA and got mine aligned. Fixed my alignment issue. Good luck!

Reactions: Schmivan
Where to get wheel alignment in Southern California for the Model 3 outside of the service center?
I lowered the car and I don’t want Tesla to void my warranty on suspension and related parts.
Thanks!

I used Big O Tires. They know how to service Tesla, in particular how to keep the car in Neutral.

You can get the alignment checked against for six months.
(Something I would recommend if you live in an area infested by potholes)

I would check and see if you damaged/bent your wheel before doing an alignment.
Yeah i was worried about that and tried looking around the outside of the rim but didnt see any dents\damage, so HOPING its just an alignment\balance issue

Again im not a car guy but is that something that could be suspension related? like can that get damaged from a big pothole?

As @RZRZ mentioned, check for damage to the wheels. $325 is the quote I got from Tesla. I guess this is the going rate. But in case you need your car aligned, I went to a wheel/tire shop in San Gabriel, CA and got mine aligned. Fixed my alignment issue. Good luck!

Thanks, ill probably look for something besides the SC, Was really hoping to just get it done at Tesla, but not for 325-350, seems kinda crazy

I used Big O Tires. They know how to service Tesla, in particular how to keep the car in Neutral.

You can get the alignment checked against for six months.
(Something I would recommend if you live in an area infested by potholes)
Hmm Thanks, thats good to know,
which Big O did you go to?

Hmm Thanks, thats good to know,
which Big O did you go to?
It was in Northern California, but the Rep. printed out from his computer the whole process for dealing with the Model 3.
So this is something you can check. The issue is that the parking brake should not be used when doing the alignment.

The car should be in Neutral, but as soon as you open the door the car goes back to Park.
You can use the Towing mode, but it resets after 20 minutes and goes back to Park.
So there is a special process for keeping the car in Neutral.

It was in Northern California, but the Rep. printed out from his computer the whole process for dealing with the Model 3.
So this is something you can check. The issue is that the parking brake should not be used when doing the alignment.

The car should be in Neutral, but as soon as you open the door the car goes back to Park.
You can use the Towing mode, but it resets after 20 minutes and goes back to Park.
So there is a special process for keeping the car in Neutral.
When the Towing mode is used, Un-clipped the parking brake harness so that the parking brake will not engaged. See attached.

Attachments

• 75273F57-3950-421E-B9CE-D56F71923D53.jpeg
    75273F57-3950-421E-B9CE-D56F71923D53.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 81086B4C-8FBD-4EDA-8A4A-9AE2A94A75BA.jpeg
    81086B4C-8FBD-4EDA-8A4A-9AE2A94A75BA.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 574C9DD7-2EBB-4304-9772-A432C3C97FEA.jpeg
    574C9DD7-2EBB-4304-9772-A432C3C97FEA.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 126