Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
two different rims on the white

WRO3O6l.jpg
img_4891-e1495074088820.jpg

You must have great eyes, these rims look exactly the same to me, except one is in motion.
The top photo's wheels have very straight propeller type spokes that are recessed.....whereas the bottom photo's wheels have curve and twists to its spokes that end at the outer rim of the wheel.

I like the curves and twists..... its S3XY'er.

The top photo's wheels have very straight propeller type spokes.....whereas the bottom photo's wheels have curve and twists to its spokes.

I do see the difference, but I wonder if that is just the angle of the picture. The top one could just be at the right angle to make them look flat. There are a couple of the spokes on the back wheel where you can see they look wider.

The top photo's wheels have very straight propeller type spokes that are recessed.....whereas the bottom photo's wheels have curve and twists to its spokes that meet at the outer rim of the wheel.

Yeah you're right, here's a better picture that's easier to see
18252118_1196862510424289_4970119799695736832_n.jpg

I love how people disagree with how something looks to me... or maybe they are disagreeing about nikeykid's eyes o_O

Another photo of the other wheels on the white RC. Look to be smaller than the fan blade wheels.View attachment 227398
I've been looking at thousands of rims and I have found that anytime a spoke ends itself inside of the outer rim of a wheel... the entire wheel looks smaller.

In other words....the shorter a spoke appears to be....the smaller the wheel looks.

I think the wheels are the same identical size.

Well, I said it at release and feel I need to say it again. The rear of the model 3 is ...well not nice. The tail lights feel mid 90's.

I agree 100%

I wonder what will be the largest size wheels that Tesla will offer on the Model 3. 21"? 20"?

I obviously agree as well. Same for model S though, looks back heavy/thick.

larger wheels will likely degrade range. 21 would be way too big in my opinion for both aesthetics and range.

Reactions: WarpedOne
I was judging the wheel size by the amount of tire between the rim and the road. The turbine-style wheels appear to mount lower profile tires, to my eyes, compared to what's in this photo. I looked at a number of different photos before making the judgment. Of course, July will bring specifics.
M3rim.jpg

I was judging the wheel size by the amount of tire between the rim and the road. The turbine-style wheels appear to mount lower profile tires, to my eyes, compared to what's in this photo. I looked at a number of different photos before making the judgment. Of course, July will bring specifics.
View attachment 227426
The shadow from the wheel well is also deceiving, but I agree that this version of the wheels are smaller diameter with taller sidewall tires. Most likely 18" wheels.

To me both wheels appear to be the same design. Possibly one wheel in 18" and one in 20". The smaller rim has what appears to be a higher profile tire (higher sidewall). The larger rim has what appears to be a lower profile tire. This would give them approximately the same diameter and rolling circumference.
I think it would be great if the base 18" had the same design wheel as the 20" we have all seen.