Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheel Patents are complete. Which one would you choose?

Which Wheel? 1, 2 or 3

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla obtains design patents on Model 3 wheels

upload_2017-7-4_20-15-12.png

upload_2017-7-4_20-16-1.png

upload_2017-7-4_20-16-26.png

I'm a fan of #1 and 3 however if I had a choice I'd pick 3 over 1. I like #2 in the photo you have above but it doesn't look like that anymore, I don't like the silver edging that shows on the edges which really ruins it for me. It's also missing the carbon fiber look which I could personally take or leave.

All that being said I don't believe we have seen #3 on a RC so I'm not hopeful we will see it soon or ever on a production vehicle.

#2 looks like the thing from Krull. Plus, the one I've been seeing on the RC's is way smaller.
#3 looks like a turbine fan

#1 it is, especially if it's 18" or 19".
#2 would be my 2nd choice if it was maybe a 19" wheel.
I'd probably go aftermarket before going for #3. It just looks a little too beefy for my taste.

Of those designs, the 1st one is the one I would settle for. Other than wheel design, the next big thing that matters to me is wheel weight. I know a lot of manufacturers can't offer light weight wheels simply due to cost.
This being my daily driver, I would look at putting the lightest wheels on my ride for the spring/summer season. Use the oem wheels for winter duty.

So, option 2 all the way for my regulars. I want a range machine.

Option 1 for the snows. Given how much some folks seem to dislike the wheel options, I bet I will be able to get a new, full set from the for-sale section on here within a few weeks of release for pretty cheap.