Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Wheel rim scratch: looking for repair options in Austin TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello ..

The inevitable just happened while I was trying to park my M3 close to the curb of a friend's house. :(

I scratched my right wheel rim and feel like crying. I see that there are rim protectors I could have bought that would have prevented this, and I plan to still buy them and install.

However, does anybody know if I can repair/fix the scratches along the rim? I would like to fix before installing the rim protectors.

Thanks in advance for your help. Please provide links to any products that you may recommend.

Manzur.

There are business that do this work and indeed, a select few that specialize in it.

We have two Model 3’s and a Model S and as careful as we are, the inevitable has happened with each of these cars.

So long as the rim rash is not crazy bad, in our experience, it’s likely fixable.

All three of our cars’ rims look brand new (today) even though each had rim rash at some point.

If you need a specific vendor, let me know.

I'm not in your area, but I can confirm these shops exist. I scuffed up my passenger rear before xmas and had a small amount of damage to the front on the same side from the day we picked up the car. I did both in case the colour didn't match well, but the job has worked out so well there's no way you can tell which were repaired and the colour match is flawless. I was also not the first 3 in there, but their 4th which meant they knew all about jacking it up, and moving a Tesla which was encouraging.

Locally the place I went to was called "Alloy Doctor". Hopefully on your side of the planet there are similar places.

Thanks to all the folks who replied. I think the front wheels are more prone to damage .. at least that is what I see on my M3. Since everybody is saying this is common and most likely happen again, I did some research and bought all the materials recommended for self fixing .. black M3 aero wheel specifically. Now I just have to find the courage to do the first one. Repair shops charge $150 a pop or similar? I do not know I am guessing.