Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wheels. Good news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tweeted Elon about requesting the cool set of wheels on the Model 3 prototype make it production and got some good news for all of you. Just had to share it ;)

image.png

I tweeted Elon about requesting the cool set of wheels on the Model 3 prototype make it production and got some good news for all of you. Just had to share it ;)

View attachment 170306

Good news. I had a feeling as those looked special and highly refined. Let's hope for a $2500 option and not $4500.

Those were my favorite of the three shown although 20" tire cost is a negative, especially for summer tires that only last 15-20k miles. Had 20's on my Porsche Boxster and they were staggered sizes and expensive. The inability to rotate led to rears being dead with 1/2 the tread left in the fronts. The car no doubt will look better with 20"s rather then 17/18 standards. I will get silver because I curb rash look horrible on dark colored rims. It is inevitable I will bump a curb at some point.

Last edited:
I think the silver color shows the lines of he design of the car way better than either of the others. I like those rims the best as well.

Think I'm still calling the matte black my fave though... I'd love to see some Photoshopping guru swap the rims around in each of the prototypes.

I'm also trying to deal with ppl referring to the Model 3 as 'M3' ....I'm lucky enough to have owned an M3 in the past and it just throws me off... I know it's only my issue...as I said I'm dealing with it.