TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model 3 wheels

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Jonas_man, May 1, 2016.

1. Jonas_man

Jonas_man Member

2. R.S

R.S Member

I guess to some extent yes, but I also guess that the range gain will be rather small. The regular turbine wheels are already pretty efficient.

3. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

Solid discs are the most efficient design for the best watts/mile, but functionality and visual impact are always a compromise.

4. Zoomit

Zoomit Part 3 Awaiter

Those wheels are atrociously ugly, but they do look like they're made from carbon fiber. If they're actually alloy with a weave decal, that's even more sinful.

But if Tesla does come out with a carbon fiber wheel, that would be very interesting. (BTW, the Mustang GT350R wheels are over $15k per set if purchased separately from the R package.)

5. Jersey Shore Tom

:eek: 15K for wheels?

Now I need to figure out how to get into the carbon fiber wheel business. It will be the only way I will ever own a set of them.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. timk225

timk225 Member

I'm buying whatever the base wheels are, not paying extra. But I hope the base wheels are like the stock 5 spoke design from the Model S, I didn't like the wheels on any of the reveal Model 3's.