Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Wiki Page - Need your guys help

Jedi2155

Model 3 has Arrived.
Jul 6, 2018
Upland, CA
Not sure if there's an existing wiki page that we can point users to, but I finally created one for us to update our learnings from the Model 3 so we don't have to search the forums to information everywhere. This recommendation came from me trying to do a comprehensive list of changes on the topic.

Here's the wiki - TeslaModel3 Wiki

A couple of pages I think would be very valuable to prevent repeat threads are:
  • WHAT CAR SHOULD I BUY? Compare RWD vs. AWD vs. P-AWD
  • Model 3 Variants (SR vs SR+ vs MR vs RWD etc.)
  • Model 3 Production Changes - Done
  • Dashcam Sentry Mode Guide - ( Dual Partition, Web Player
  • Charging Guides
  • Efficiency Guide
  • Reported best times (0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile)
  • Tire Replacement Recommendations
  • P3D+ Wheel Options - Example

Could use all your guys help on this.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
What's a Model 3 Stealth / 3P-?

That variant needs its own entry.

How to tell HW 2.5 / HW3?

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Not sure if there's an existing wiki page that we can point users to, but I finally created one for us to update our learnings from the Model 3 so we don't have to search the forums to information everywhere. This recommendation came from me trying to do a comprehensive list of changes on the topic.

Here's the wiki - TeslaModel3 Wiki

A couple of pages I think would be very valuable to prevent repeat threads are:
  • WHAT CAR SHOULD I BUY? Compare RWD vs. AWD vs. P-AWD
  • Model 3 Variants (SR vs SR+ vs MR vs RWD etc.)
  • Model 3 Production Changes - Done
  • Dashcam Sentry Mode Guide - ( Dual Partition, Web Player
  • Charging Guides
  • Efficiency Guide
  • Reported best times (0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile)
  • Tire Replacement Recommendations
  • P3D+ Wheel Options - Example

Could use all your guys help on this.
Here’s the actual wiki page that I found on the M3 Plus, maybe add to it:
Tesla Model 3 - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Jedi2155

Model 3 has Arrived.
Jul 6, 2018
Upland, CA
TESLA PANASONIC BATTERIES - UPDATE 20191130 : teslamotors

"11. During this summer Tesla and Panasonic implemented a chemistry upgrade for Model 3 cells transitioning from what we may call “A” chemistry to “C” chemistry (where “B” and “D” chemistries apply to Energy Storage cells)

12. It is likely that this new chemistry reduced product costs, but we currently have no data to estimate that benefit. But the primary goal of the new chemistry was actually to improve cell performance, and we have some data to estimate that

13. About two years ago 4,416 cells of 2170 size were require to build a 75 kWh Model 3 battery pack, as illustrated by a Jack Rickard teardown of a used Model 3 in June 2018

This rates each cell at 16.98 Wh each of useable capacity

14. Today we estimate that Tesla can build a 75 kWh Model 3 battery pack with 4,067 cells

This rates each cell at 18.44 Wh each, for a +8.6% improvement in useable cell capacity"

Looks like there was a cell chemistry change over the past summer for increase energy density.....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC