Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Model 3 Will Be Updated With Auto-Dimming High Beams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 will receive auto-dimming high beams in a future over-the-air update, according to a response on Twitter from Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

The Model S and Model X are both equipped with auto-dimming high beams, so some were surprised to find the Model 3 missing the feature. Twitter user Jeffrey Wolff was one of those and posed the question to Musk, who replied simply, “Yes.”

Any other features you would like to see that are standard in the Model S and Model X, but absent in the Model 3?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see an option for stronger Regen. I know the car is lighter but I seem to be needing the brake pedal, as opposed to Regen, a lot more than the S--the dynamic regen release at really low speeds is remarkable though.

Still wondering about the phone lock/unlock ( it could be my old phone) but I would not want to be in a rush to unlock the car by walking up to it.

Minor improvement would be to be able to *lock* the car via the app. I was having issues with auto-lock so now I may be just paranoid that it's actually unlocked. But there me some use-cases where the rules for that might be unclear.

Lane changing with the autosteer really dives into the next lane, maybe a slower merge?

Overall a great car and so much fun to drive! Fast, but it's obvious something is holding it back.

In order of importance, the things I'd like to see in near-future updates:

Improved autopilot in general (no more hugging the outside of the damned turn, please…)
More autopilot capabilities in addition to what's there now (e.g., the "enhanced" part…)
Autopilot speed & follow distance assignability to right scroll wheel
Summon
Stronger regen (shoutout to @sailby, it's a good call)
Wi-Fi joining for home & office
Auto high beams
Calendar sync
Improved rear camera quality (apparently in the new update)
Heated rear seats (apparently in the new update)

I would like to see an option for stronger Regen. I know the car is lighter but I seem to be needing the brake pedal, as opposed to Regen, a lot more than the S

I have both an 85D and a 3LR at the moment, and I'm noticing virtually no difference in regen behavior between the two. When I lift the accelerator at exactly the same point in distance from an intersection or turn at the same speed, the 3 and the S slow down almost identically.

Now having said that, I wouldn't mind even stronger regen in both.