TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor Model 3 Window Tint Pictures - Photosync and Ceraluxe

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by EVS Motors, Feb 7, 2019.

1. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

#1 EVS Motors, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I've been getting a lot of messages from members asking how a certain shade % looks on the 3, or how our films look on the 3 in general, so I think this thread will help people on the fence. This thread is going to be an on-going compilation of pictures of 3's we've tinted, so members can get a better idea of how certain shade % may look on their cars. I'll keep adding more pictures as we go, even if it's the same film on the same color 3, just because I know lightning, camera angle, and time of day can affect how the pictures come out. Here's some basic info I want to address that I think will get commonly asked.

• Tints we use are either Photosync or Ceraluxe in these pictures, unless otherwise noted. Incredible high heat rejecting window films. I'll post a link to both films and their specs, in case anyone cares. Photosync & Ceraluxe
    • Check with your state tint laws before deciding on a shade for your 3. We're located in Houston, TX, so the shades we commonly use, may not be legal where you live.
    • The color of the films will differ from brand to brand, but the darkness should be very similar assuming the % are exact (35% vs 35%)
    • It gets pretty crazy during the day here, so we don't always get the best angles possible, hence why I'll keep adding more pictures so you get an overall idea how the shade % looks.
    • Even though this is a 3 thread, I do have pictures of X's and S's too (if you want to see them let me know).
    I'll add to the list if I see more common questions pop up.

Photosync 35% - sides/back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photosync 75% - front windshield
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photosync 35% - sides/back and 75% front windshield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ceraluxe 20% on sides, Photosync 35% on back window, and Photosync 75% on front windshield and sunroof
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photosync 35% close up on side window
    [​IMG]

Photosync 35% sides/back 75% front windshield
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Satin Black Model 3 has Photosync 35% & 75% on it, the red one isn't finished yet. S's have Photosync 45 and 35.
    [​IMG]

I'm adding one more picture from the 3 because I had some people ask how 35% looks on the back window and on the sunroof. If you do both windows in 35%, it pretty much looks the same. [​IMG]

Hopefully since these pictures are taken in a few different settings (outdoors/indoors) people can generate an overall sense of how light/dark these shades are for what they're looking for. Will post more soon.

• Informative x 2
  2. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Photosync 35% - sides, back, and sunroof

Gloomy day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Model 3 received Photosync 35%, and we also tinted the front windshield and sunroof. Client requested the back window not to be tinted, which is why in the second picture looks a little light. We can custom tailor our services--just pm me for more info. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Cowby

Cowby Member

Is IRD so new that not all photosync dealers know about it?

5. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

I'm not sure how many of the dealers know about it.

• Informative x 1
  6. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Photosync 35% on the sides/back
    [​IMG]

7. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

All photosync 35% - sides/back

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Photosync 35% -sides/back
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. G35Rocker

G35Rocker Member

This is awesome! Any chance you have any with 20% on the sides and back? And some of the rear angle? Thanks!

10. Mlanuti

Mlanuti New Member

Any recommendations for the Indianapolis area?

11. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

I know I have done a Ceraluxe 20% on the sides. I'll try to find pictures of it (hopefully I have it).

12. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

I wish I had a recommendation for you, but I'm not familiar with any dealers in your area. Check out this dealer locater, you may find someone close by (if you're looking for Photosync/Ceraluxe): Dealer Locator | Prestige

13. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

I believe I have a picture of all the sides being 20%, but I thought this might be a cool comparison picture in case you were interested in the mean time while I look for an all 20% sides.

The front 2 are 33% (Ceraluxe comes in 33% instead of the usual 35% to get it as dark as possible without crossing over the legal limit) and the back windows are 20%. Surprisingly, the difference isn't as major as we'd expect considering the front is letting in a lot of light due to the front windshield and the big back window is also 20%.

[​IMG]

• Helpful x 1
  14. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Ceraluxe 20% on all the side windows
    Photosync 35% on the big back window.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Helpful x 1
  15. G35Rocker

G35Rocker Member

Cool, thanks for the photos! Very helpful!

• Like x 1
  16. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

No problem, glad you found it helpful.

17. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Photosync 35 - sides/back
    Photosync 75 - front windshield and sunroof

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. G35Rocker

G35Rocker Member

Curious on why you would do 20% on sides and 35% on the back window. Is it a visibility issue? From the outside, can you tell that the sides and back are different?

19. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

At that point in time, the roll size for the back window wasn't available yet that's all.

Nope, because they are on different planes of view so you don't notice a difference.

• Informative x 1
  20. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Would you believe that this Model 3 is tinted and it blocks more heat than even most 5% pitch black limo tint? Photosync 75 on the entire Model 3 to maximize visibility without sacrificing heat rejection. Front windshield and sunroof are tinted as well. Gone are the days you "need" to go dark to heat rejection. Now it's all about personal preference. Really neat setup.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 1