Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Window Tinting - GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the weather if (hopefully) getting nicer, I want to get the windows tinted on my Model 3. Any good quality shops in the North or East GTA that has experience on Model 3's? Thanks

I had my my 3 paint corrected, full frontal PPF, Ceramic and window film done at Evelyn Protective Films and Coatings. Fabian Evelyn, the owner. He is located in Markham near #7 and McCowan. He does a lot of 3’s.
For the window film he used Prestige Films Spectra Photosync. This is a very high quality terrific heat rejection film. I liked it so much on the 3 last summer that I was back there this week and he did the front side windows on our Ford Escape as well.

Home > Evelyn Protective Films & Coatings | Markham | Toronto | GTA

Here’s a great thread for comparison pictures of different tint levels for this film. Most seem to use 35% for front side windows but I used 45% which is lighter. Looks are secondary to me and I wanted really good night driving vision. Great visibility from the inside out.

Vendor - EVS Motors is your exclusive Authorized PhotoSync Window Film Installer & Dealer

This a few pics of mine with 45% Spectra Photosync:

C774FDB5-3C7B-4B6B-BB4D-346127FC06BA.jpeg

93CB966C-CEB3-43C0-9192-65EFC4700F8C.jpeg

4FECE6BE-6DD5-49D4-910E-55DE5B3A0988.jpeg

+1 for Fabian at Evelyn Protective Films and Coatings. Got my Model 3 done shortly after delivery with full frontal PPF and Spectra Photosync 35% on side windows. Excellent craftsmanship and quality. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend his work

View attachment 394108

The pictures go to show that it’s really hard to photograph ‘tint level’ accurately. Yours are 35% VLT and mine are 45% VLT (10% lighter). Mine should look lighter than yours and would if parked end to end. The sun reflecting back off the stonework in your picture makes yours look lighter than mine in the photos.
The colour of Spectra Photosync is almost identical to the stock colour in the Tesla laminated windshield. The windshield is just a much lighter shade of it.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
+1 for Fabian at Evelyn Protective Films and Coatings. Got my Model 3 done shortly after delivery with full frontal PPF and Spectra Photosync 35% on side windows. Excellent craftsmanship and quality. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend his work

View attachment 394108

Beautiful house. :)

How much does it costs you to have it tinted, that will give me a good idea.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
The pictures go to show that it’s really hard to photograph ‘tint level’ accurately...
The colour of Spectra Photosync is almost identical to the stock colour in the Tesla laminated windshield. The windshield is just a much lighter shade of it.

Agreed, pictures vs. real lift are totally different

What color is the Photosync tint? Is it actually black or blue-ish?
I want to get my S tinted, but many ceramic tints show a greenish greyish tinge, or bluish green

I was in on the group deal as well last year. Specra Photosync is
Agreed, pictures vs. real lift are totally different

What color is the Photosync tint? Is it actually black or blue-ish?
I want to get my S tinted, but many ceramic tints show a greenish greyish tinge, or bluish green

Not black or blue-ish at all. Greyish green very similar to the stock laminated windshield color. With the side windows tinted and not the windshield they are really just a darker version of the same color. Hard to see that in the above pictures. Prestige Films has a new product out very recently. Spectra Photosync IRD. Haven’t seen but apparently it’s a bit greyer.

Want to get an idea how much does it cost to get all windows tinted (including the front seat roof).

I believe Evelyn is looking for close to $1,400 for Spectra Photosync. That seems very pricey.

1) You don't need the roof done. I had my S done without the roof and the heat difference is substantial. The roof already does a decent job.
2) The Photosync is expensive and Fabian Evelyn is one of the few guys that deals with it in the GTA.
3) Fabian is highly professional, meticulous and worth it - and so is the product.

Do some research into reviews of both Evelyn and Spectra Photosync. There's some videos out there comparing the differences. In the long run, the heat rejection also saves you because the a/c doesn't work as hard when it's hot and sunny during the summer, so range is less affected. Using the 45 tint level, there's no problem with outward visibility at night either.

1) You don't need the roof done. I had my S done without the roof and the heat difference is substantial. The roof already does a decent job.
2) The Photosync is expensive and Fabian Evelyn is one of the few guys that deals with it in the GTA.
3) Fabian is highly professional, meticulous and worth it - and so is the product.

Do some research into reviews of both Evelyn and Spectra Photosync. There's some videos out there comparing the differences. In the long run, the heat rejection also saves you because the a/c doesn't work as hard when it's hot and sunny during the summer, so range is less affected. Using the 45 tint level, there's no problem with outward visibility at night either.
+1 to this.

I think Fabian at Evelyn is the ONLY licensed photosync dealer in Canada and his workmanship is second to none.

Reactions: corlaandstan
Got my model 3 tinted with xpel ceramic 30% light transmission tint at Eclipse Tinting.

Justin there has done 3 previous cars for me already, so this is the 4th car. He's pretty good at what he does.

$350 for the door + rear. He does the rear in two pieces, but it is not visible where the cut is because he does a double cut at the seam so it's basically one piece unless you are staring at the seam from 2 inches away.

I've also asked him to do my front windshield with 70% xpel ceramic tint but he did say he needs to do more research on precautions as there are people who got their computers fried from water ingress. Will update once I do hear back from him.

Has anyone in the GTA got their front windshield tinted? Which tint shop/tint did you use? Price?

With Evelyn - sorry, but I didn't get a separate pricing. The issue over water is by nature because of the way the films are applied. Evelyn uses wicking ropes to prevent water intrusion, but he does forewarn of the possibility - so you absorb the risk and responsibility from anybody who would do the windshield.

With this on all windows except the sunroof, the heat reduction is really noticeable and worthwhile. You decide whether the risk is worth it. Also, there's liability if the police pull you over because they can't see the occupants - you'll sign a waiver as such. Again, you decide the risk.

Has anyone in the GTA got their front windshield tinted? Which tint shop/tint did you use? Price?

@TrevTremaine - I may have gone to Fabian after you (which was in May of this year) and he is no longer doing windshields. He said there was a Model 3 owner that did it at a competing shop and it shorted out the main screen and the repair was not covered by warranty, so Fabian says he won't do the windshield's anymore for warranty reasons.