Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windows Tints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any opinions on Formula One Stratos tint?

$650 for the sides and rear window. Much less than I was expecting to pay, so I figured I’d go with the top tier at this shop.

But if it’s a shitty product, I’ll continue to shop around (Orlando).

Flying Window Tinters I presume? They've done my last 4 cars and did an excellent job on my 3. Will either be visiting them or Tint Man for Xpel with the new M3P and MYLR that are on order now.

I put 20% all around (M3P- Black)... It took away an aesthetic aspect of the vehicle that I loved, especially with the ultra white interior. The white bled through.
I ended up taking off all the tint..
The car is beautiful, just the way it is.. (with a full ceramic coat, and PPF, of course.)

While waiting on the car(EDD last week of Dec) I'm looking into tint options. I've been thinking of 20% back and rear sides, 35% front sides and possibly 70-80% windshield. Car is white on white. I'm in Bay Area, CA. Any thoughts, tint %, brand and installer recommendations?

Go ceramic. In TX we can only go lowest 35% front sides, and I like uniform so I went with 35% all sides with 15% rear. Still visible. I did try 70% top and front but it was too easy to see imperfections there, so I had them remove it. Did a lot to remove heat though, it was great when it was on. Just, if you're OCD like me and will notice every little thing, do yourself a favor and skip the front windshield

Looking to get my windows tint done soon... Anyone in here done 5% rear window and lighter colors on the sides(20-35%)?

I used to do 5% back/rear windows and 35% front... Don't like the big shade difference from back to front windows.

id strongly suggest to keep the sidewindows front and back the same. Rear window 5% is ok but imho doing a 20% in the rear kinda matches the roof quite nicely so it looks like a uniform colour.
20% for the front is borderline too dark as pedestrians and cyclists wont be able to look inside at night.
Id go 30-35% all around imho.

Looking to get my windows tint done soon... Anyone in here done 5% rear window and lighter colors on the sides(20-35%)?

I used to do 5% back/rear windows and 35% front... Don't like the big shade difference from back to front windows.

I did 20% on the sides and did not tint the back, figuring if it bothered me later I could always have it done. Sides were all that were needed in my case.

IMG_4473.jpeg

Reactions: miggz410 and ccook