Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windows Tints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every windshield blocks nearly all UV A and B rays. All windows on the car do a good job blocking UV B rays, but the longer length UV A rays get through the side windows and glass roof and that is what causes sun burns and heat on you. On the newer Model 3, having dual pane front windows may actually do a pretty good job blocking these rays now. I haven't seen anything mentioning this though.

Back to the windshield, there is no point tinting the whole windshield unless you just want it darker in the car. But adding tint, won't do anything more against UV Ray's.
I think he means heat rejection instead of UV?

I also noticed a ton of heat through my windshield after getting 35% on the sides and rear. Went back to get 50% ceramic on the windshield and it looks perfect and the heat is significantly reduced in the sun.

i went 30% ceramic on all sides and rear window......in my opinion, if you don't do rear window, it doesn't look right...because it lightens the car up inside, and helps with overall privacy...and IMO also, i haven't found a good reason to do the roof....I live in South Carolina, had an S, now a 3P....i get nothing measurable from the roof....with no added tint on either.
Pics? Also in SC.

No, it’s the whole windshield, at least for some of us. You use a light tint like 70-80% to get the reduction in heat radiating in, but not dark enough to make a big diff in visibility.
Ahh, my bad. It's never occurred to me to tint the entire windshield. So, do you not have to bother with a sunshade when you park now? Does it do that good of heat reduction? I ask because where I live, it's over 100 degrees nearly every day in the summer.

Ahh, my bad. It's never occurred to me to tint the entire windshield. So, do you not have to bother with a sunshade when you park now? Does it do that good of heat reduction? I ask because where I live, it's over 100 degrees nearly every day in the summer.
I never bother with sunshades; I park in my garage at home and (when I’m not WFH) at work - and most places, so my car doesn’t usually sit outside for very long. In the rare cases when I do leave it out in the sun for a while, I use the app to turn the AC on a few minutes before I go to the car, so it’s 70* inside when I get there.

I had to sit in the car for a while in 104* heat on Sunday waiting for my turn in line to get a ‘rona test - it was comfortable, but I could feel some heat coming from the roof. More from the roof than the windshield.

Reactions: LBM4
I use sunshades in the summer for the back window and roof. In the winter I take them off.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 150
Heyo,
Has anyone here in the GTA, had any experience with the Detail Shop on Mulok in Newmarket? They had done a great job on my Corvette in 2006 and their pricing seems very reasonable. The pricing closer to Toronto is border lining outrageous and I just want a partial front PPF (bumper/Frunk/Mirrors) and tinting.

Heyo,
Has anyone here in the GTA, had any experience with the Detail Shop on Mulok in Newmarket? They had done a great job on my Corvette in 2006 and their pricing seems very reasonable. The pricing closer to Toronto is border lining outrageous and I just want a partial front PPF (bumper/Frunk/Mirrors) and tinting.
The pricing in the GTA seems to be "all over the map". It seems to be a real challenge to find the right shop at the right price.