Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windscreen chipped on edge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gutted! Heard a loud noise on the motorway but didn’t see any cracks or chips. Got out of the car and found a chip on the edge of the windscreen! Am guessing it can’t be filled as it’s on the edge!

Any suggestions on whether it’ll need to be replaced or might it be ok if just left? Anybody know the UK cost of a replacement although I’d imagine it’s cheaper to go through insurance?!

Attachments

• F4A62C85-AE48-46E6-9962-D8CAAC7B8D3A.jpeg
    F4A62C85-AE48-46E6-9962-D8CAAC7B8D3A.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 108
Gutted! Heard a loud noise on the motorway but didn’t see any cracks or chips. Got out of the car and found a chip on the edge of the windscreen! Am guessing it can’t be filled as it’s on the edge!

Any suggestions on whether it’ll need to be replaced or might it be ok if just left? Anybody know the UK cost of a replacement although I’d imagine it’s cheaper to go through insurance?!
Oh no! That’s bad luck.

I don’t know how much a replacement is, but I’d guess at £500+. The excess on my insurance for windscreen replacement is £180.

As @NorfolkMustard says, I’d be inclined to see if it spreads, and if not wait until the spring.

I happen to have a SC appointment on Monday for a few minor things so I’ll get them to take a look then. I kind of want it replaced because seeing the crack everyday will bug me but the cost of replacing it will no doubt be expensive.

As it’s on the edge I might try to hide it with some of the wind noise reduction strips which I believe can go around the windscreen.