Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windshield replacement $2300 and 2-3 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a huge crack in my windshield, requiring replacement. Tesla referred me to a certified local body shop here in CO. I have full glass coverage through my insurance company, so they're going to cut me a check for it, but I was kind of shocked to see the estimate come in at $2300 and will require the car for 2-3 days. Is that normal/typical? I get that there's a lot more tech involved in modern windshields and especially Teslas, and therefore higher labor costs, higher parts costs, etc., but even so this seems like a lot so I just wanted to get a sense of the going rate.

Thanks.
Two to three days! I call BS on this. They write down your car mileage because they are taking it for a ride.
3 hours MAX

I got a huge crack in my windshield, requiring replacement. Tesla referred me to a certified local body shop here in CO. I have full glass coverage through my insurance company, so they're going to cut me a check for it, but I was kind of shocked to see the estimate come in at $2300 and will require the car for 2-3 days. Is that normal/typical? I get that there's a lot more tech involved in modern windshields and especially Teslas, and therefore higher labor costs, higher parts costs, etc., but even so this seems like a lot so I just wanted to get a sense of the going rate.

Thanks.
if youre in colorado springs these guys are awesome Top Notch Auto Glass – Colorado Springs Automotive Glass Company

$2300 is highway robbery. It should be around $1000 including labor. Don't always assume 3rd party shops are always cheaper. My friend got quotes from 3rd party and Tesla's own body repair shop, Tesla was 50% cheaper!

I just got back from my local service center. They have a windshield truck there (truck with lots of windshields in the truck bed) replacing windshields one after another.

New windshield from Tesla is $495 + tax. Labor shouldn't be more than $300. You don't need to pay anyone for calibrating the camera in the windshield. If you run into any autopilot issues, you are able to reset the camera calibration through the "Service" page on your car.