Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windshield Replacement Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn, Apple Auto Glass couldn't patch?

I went to Speedy Auto Glass, but the guy said that it would leave a pretty big white circle because of the UV coating. It was right in front of the driver's field of vision so I decided to just replace it.

Any trouble with wind noise on the replacement? Is it Tesla glass or another brand?

Hope it is perfect.

Replaced by Tesla at the service centre. It's Tesla glass (with the "T" logo) and so far so good. Haven't noticed any wind noise.

Did you have to go back to Tesla for the replacement? Or another vendo such as speedy etc?

Went to Tesla. They only needed a couple days to get the part.

Reactions: yyzunderdog
We had a rock hit the windshield on a road trip back from Florida. The initial chip grew to several inches long and had to be replaced. State Farm was leery of Tesla prices and asked me to look at a (very good) local glass shop. Their cost was going to be 925. The Tesla shop quoted $907 plus tax. Having it done at Tesla next week. They are giving me a loaner. The shop would have done it at my home or work, but would have had to wait for parts.

At the Tesla's authorized shop in Calgary, the replacement cost is $1050 + GST. So after tax it's about the same as Ontario.
Logging truck destroyed my window in Revelstoke this week. Which shop replaced your windshield?
RockChip.png

Rock3.png

Last edited: