Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Windshield replacement service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving down 401, I heard a harmless "click!" on the winshield.

By the time I got home, a tiny rock chip (Circled in yellow) developed in to a foot long crack.
KakaoTalk_20220612_232402645.jpg

I contacted Tesla services and received following message.
We were reviewing your upcoming appointment at this time we are not performing glass replacement in house. Please refer to our authorized body shops, GSI Auto Centre (289-817-2898) at 490 Wyecroft Rd, in Oakville, or European Autobody (416-679-8722) at 70 Whitmore Road Woodbridge to have this performed. Thank you

Does anybody have experience with the above authorized body shops?

European auto body was good for removing a dent on my delivery car. Autoglass is subcontracted out by them to mobile glass repair. They do good work from what I have seen and get parts direct from Tesla. May also be worth calling a few mobile glass repair places to get other quotes.

Not helpful at all - there are tons of mobile glass repair spots, but also none on the Tesla approved list (Collision Support | Tesla), so if you had a good experience with one that does use OEM Tesla parts, please share a name.
Don't have a name - as i said before european auto body just calls a mobile service to come and fix it - they don't do it themselves. Call a few and see if they can source it. If you want it to be Tesla Approved then your only options are the ones on the list. Likely all of the ones on the list sub it out, just like dealerships going through a collision center will probably get you Tesla branded glass, but also the collision center markups associated with it.

I have had incredibly good experiences with a company called Cooksville Auto Glass and Airbags. They do a lot of contracted glass work for collision centers. When I got my windshield replaced, they asked me if I wanted an OEM or aftermarket windshield. I chose OEM, and they had a windshield from tesla within a couple of days. The tech replacing my windshield used some kind of a tool with a string to remove the old windshield. He told me that there's an older tool used in glass work that can cause scratches in paint, and over time the scratches can start to corrode/rust.