Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 windshield tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to time the windshield on my 2020 m3 sr+. I know tint guys use a lot of water and there is a speaker and computers under the windshield. Can anybody recommend a tint shop in central or Southern California where you tinted the windshield and didn’t have any problems with the car? Thank you

"Central or Southern CA" is a very large area. My recommendation would be to look at the website for the company and see if you see Teslas in their pictures.

Pretty much any (reputable) CA shop at this point that tints windshields at all, is likely familiar with Teslas at this point. They are not new anymore. I get the concern, but when you decide to call a shop to talk to them, ask them if they are familiar with tinting windshields on tesla model 3s and how many they have done.

Lots of cars, especially high end cars have speakers and computers same / similar locations.

Any decent shop is going know this and know how to work around it or cover and tape off areas at risk.

Keep in mind most states, including Californian don’t allow tint on the windshield. Of course I know lots of people that do and never got pulled over or got a ticket.

Last edited: