Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 windshield washer fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be a stupid question but
Was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for good washer fluid/ any bad experiences with some?
I need to get some washer fluid for my model 3 looked up some different types and got to thinking is there any harsh chemicals that can ruin your paint or clear coat/ ceramic coating if you have that on your car or affect your car in a negative way, Can you mix different washer fluids together

I was thinking of getting a rainx washer fluid but I remembered I had a bad experience with rainx a while back when I put a coating on my windshield and couple weeks or more later started to wear off and left hazing and just a mess to clean. Don’t know about the rainx washer fluid tho in terms of leaving the same coating could be fine because it’s a different product application

I think most people say you can use regular washer fluid.. you don't need anything different then any other car. The manual does say not to use rainx though.. for what ever that's worth.

does that mean I shouldn’t use any coating on the windshield either? Like aquapel or a type of wax
Was thinking of using some hybrid ceramic wax on windshield for hydrophobic properties