Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Windshield wiper washing not efficient.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for reply.
Both. The left wiper only produces a dribble compared to the right. And both don't pick up all the fluid that is produced. When the wipers finish and go down there are streaks of fluid left behind. I have to turn on the wipers to finish the job. Disappointing.

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki
Thanks for reply.
Both. The left wiper only produces a dribble compared to the right. And both don't pick up all the fluid that is produced. When the wipers finish and go down there are streaks of fluid left behind. I have to turn on the wipers to finish the job. Disappointing.

...have the same thing and, for what it's worth, the service center said it was normal.

I'm still on my original set of blades (2 years old, but have a spare set in the bottom trunk) and I find that the wiper's functional performance is pretty good. Both the application of fluid and the cleaning sweeps. Sure there's some leftover liquid but a light tap or two on the end of the left stalk clears it up. Agree with @XLR82XS that you might have a partially clogged nozzle. While we don't get much rain here, I have been using the wipers a lot the last couple of months to clean the window of dust and debris (i.e., bugs). I prefer the fluid coming out of the blade arms versus spraying from the hood (like on all of my previous cars).

Now, about when the automatic wipers come on is a different story....

Really never had to use the windshield wiper fluid and one day I pushed the wiper button in all the way and figured out that’s how it works. 1 year & 4 months same wipers and they work well in the rain. As for Auto wipers, you have to press the button once to wake them up when it starts to rain.

Fred

No issue with the wipers leaving fluid on the windshield BUT I find that the nozzle on the left in charge of the lower left side of the windshield sucks/not working? It's hard to see it squirt out anything and because of that it doesn't clean the lower left of the windshield, ESPECIALLY when the vehicle is moving.

Reactions: ss71
Yesterday I had to use washer fluid with wipers for the first time. No fluid coming from the left wiper only right side. Is this normal on the Model S too? Is this how it works on all Tesla models? Now I need to pop up the hood and hope nothing got sprayed inside the frunk. Ridiculous.

No issue with the wipers leaving fluid on the windshield BUT I find that the nozzle on the left in charge of the lower left side of the windshield sucks/not working? It's hard to see it squirt out anything and because of that it doesn't clean the lower left of the windshield, ESPECIALLY when the vehicle is moving.

Mine does this as well. Right is fine, but I only get a little spray out of the upper half of the left one. It has done this since day 1. I've written it off as just another tesla quirk that probably wouldn't get fixed if I complained about it. I just choose to live with it.

Mine does this as well. Right is fine, but I only get a little spray out of the upper half of the left one. It has done this since day 1. I've written it off as just another tesla quirk that probably wouldn't get fixed if I complained about it. I just choose to live with it.

Right, as the poster above said, the service center said this was "normal". Mine does the same thing with very little fluid from the driver's side wiper and I've checked the hoses and connections. Reading on here and other sites, this seems to be common.

It still seems to clean well, FWIW. the right one leaves enough fluid on the left side of the windshield that the left blade still picks it up.

they suck. The coverage is decent enough but the wipers leave always a streak of water behind which looks annoying. To make matters worse the excess water runs over the glassroof down the rear of the car and leaves really unpleasant water stains.
Just use some sealant or rainx on the glass and dont bother with wipers.

Really never had to use the windshield wiper fluid and one day I pushed the wiper button in all the way and figured out that’s how it works. 1 year & 4 months same wipers and they work well in the rain. As for Auto wipers, you have to press the button once to wake them up when it starts to rain.

Fred

fred,

given it doesn't rain around here much
if in auto, which button are you referring
to push once?

I’ve found them to be overall more effective than my previous car (2016 BMW), and I like how they spray fluid on the wipers rather than trying to spray directly on the window, which then gets all over the roof and side windows etc

Agree the streak that you always get is a bit annoying.