Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Winter Tire Installation/Change

amohamed

Apr 20, 2021
Toronto
Hi,

I live in Toronto, Vaughan to be specific. First winter with my model 3. Wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for where I can go to buy and get winter tires installed. A bit nervous as I have been reading that not all places have experience with Tesla's and would hate for any damage to happen. Thanks in advance.

toshman

Jul 19, 2020
Guelph, Canada
If you don't mind paying a bit extra, you could always go to Tesla as they sell winter wheel packages. I've heard good things about Steelcase in Markham too.

Calliope

May 29, 2021
Toronto, Canada
I have gotten good service from multiple KalTires in the past, and will be entrusting them with installing my new winter tires later this month. I bought the wheels and TPMS separately, buying the tires from them, and having them install them. At my last KalTire (before I moved) the guy I spoke to said they deal with the owner's Tesla.

amohamed

Apr 20, 2021
Toronto
I have gotten good service from multiple KalTires in the past, and will be entrusting them with installing my new winter tires later this month. I bought the wheels and TPMS separately, buying the tires from them, and having them install them. At my last KalTire (before I moved) the guy I spoke to said they deal with the owner's Tesla.
Thanks. I've heard good things about Kal tires so may end up going with them as well (purchase and install). Thanks!

obliojim

Jun 13, 2021
Missauga / Guelph

Ditto on Kaltire. I'm in Guelph and am dealing with the Kitchener location. Tiffany - manager - came across as knowing a LOT about the specificity of the Tesla install, the tire sensors, appropriate RIMS, tire options specific to Tesla (she spoke at some length about the winter tires Tesla was offering over the years), jacking the car, lug nuts and more. I was very impressed. Note: I managed to score a set of tire sensors direct from Tesla Kitchener which she will use for the install.

ElectricMagma

Aug 29, 2021
Whitby, ON
I've been checking for weeks and the 18" Winter package has been out of stock.
i just bought x-ice snow /rims and BLE TMPS sensors from PMC Tire online .... they are delivering to my house, but they can deliver to the closest garage of your choosing. With Michelin rebates, it came to just under what Telsa would have charged (i would have used them if they would show up in stock)

Reactions: Biscuitman

SylvainG

Sep 12, 2021
Ottawa
I bought X-Ice from Costco. I'll install on the current rims for this winter. I'll check for other choices for summer tires next spring.

Calliope

May 29, 2021
Toronto, Canada
I just got my winter tires on at KalTire yesterday - one of the guys there actually used to work at the KalTire across town that I used to go to (small world). He said they're doing a lot more Teslas this season than last. I got Hakka R3s, and they're storing my Geminis for my switchover in the spring. Did some grocery shopping across the street while it was being done - a good experience.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC