Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Winter Tire Installation/Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I live in Toronto, Vaughan to be specific. First winter with my model 3. Wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for where I can go to buy and get winter tires installed. A bit nervous as I have been reading that not all places have experience with Tesla's and would hate for any damage to happen. Thanks in advance.

I have gotten good service from multiple KalTires in the past, and will be entrusting them with installing my new winter tires later this month. I bought the wheels and TPMS separately, buying the tires from them, and having them install them. At my last KalTire (before I moved) the guy I spoke to said they deal with the owner's Tesla.

I have gotten good service from multiple KalTires in the past, and will be entrusting them with installing my new winter tires later this month. I bought the wheels and TPMS separately, buying the tires from them, and having them install them. At my last KalTire (before I moved) the guy I spoke to said they deal with the owner's Tesla.
Thanks. I've heard good things about Kal tires so may end up going with them as well (purchase and install). Thanks!

Ditto on Kaltire. I'm in Guelph and am dealing with the Kitchener location. Tiffany - manager - came across as knowing a LOT about the specificity of the Tesla install, the tire sensors, appropriate RIMS, tire options specific to Tesla (she spoke at some length about the winter tires Tesla was offering over the years), jacking the car, lug nuts and more. I was very impressed. Note: I managed to score a set of tire sensors direct from Tesla Kitchener which she will use for the install.

I've been checking for weeks and the 18" Winter package has been out of stock.
i just bought x-ice snow /rims and BLE TMPS sensors from PMC Tire online .... they are delivering to my house, but they can deliver to the closest garage of your choosing. With Michelin rebates, it came to just under what Telsa would have charged (i would have used them if they would show up in stock)

Reactions: Biscuitman
I just got my winter tires on at KalTire yesterday - one of the guys there actually used to work at the KalTire across town that I used to go to (small world). He said they're doing a lot more Teslas this season than last. I got Hakka R3s, and they're storing my Geminis for my switchover in the spring. Did some grocery shopping across the street while it was being done - a good experience.