TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 - wipers and washers..

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TB205gti, Jul 21, 2018.

1. TB205gti

TB205gti Member

I quite fed up with the wipers and washers on the Model S - there is always a place on the screen that does not get any washerfluid - and overspray is enourmous. (Yes they have been adjusted several times).

Therefore; I'm considering fitting the model S with the sprinklers from the model 3. So I need all the data I can gather from how the system is put together. The little shiled with the three nozzles in -is that replaceable - or is it an integral part of the wiper arms? How long are the wiper arms on the model 3 (not the actual wipers, but the arm from the motor).

..if anybody have some high res pictures that would be even better..

2. kaffine

kaffine Member

The wipers and washers on the 3 are horrible compared to the other cars I've driven. Not sure how they compare to the S but I doubt they are an upgrade.

• Informative x 1
  3. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

I noticed very staccato movement in auto mode when only minor moisture is detected. Surely, this can be software-corrected since the motion is smoother at higher wipe rates.

• Like x 1
  4. kaffine

kaffine Member

The driver side is 23" from bolt center line to the center of the wiper attachment latch. The passenger side is 28.5" measuring straight however the arm itself has a bend in it.

The sprinkler for the washer is a separate from the wiper arm however the wiper arm has posts that the sprinkler attaches to. The posts are bent out from the main body of the wiper arm.

Sorry I wasn't able get pics of the sprinkler.

5. TB205gti

TB205gti Member

Great info - thanks!

Do you know if the sprinkler "body" is detachable from the arm?

6. KFORE

KFORE Member

I had the same issue. Take some rubbing alcohol to the rubber blades and clean them. Smooth sailing for me now.

• Helpful x 1
  7. kaffine

kaffine Member

It looks detachable. There are posts bent up from the wiper arm that it clips onto. I removed the cover from the sprinkler but I didn't remove the sprinkler from the wiper arm but it looked like it came off.

• Like x 1
  8. TesLou22

TesLou22 Member

Has anyone found a good replacement blade for the Model 3?