Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - wipers and washers..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I quite fed up with the wipers and washers on the Model S - there is always a place on the screen that does not get any washerfluid - and overspray is enourmous. (Yes they have been adjusted several times).

Therefore; I'm considering fitting the model S with the sprinklers from the model 3. So I need all the data I can gather from how the system is put together. The little shiled with the three nozzles in -is that replaceable - or is it an integral part of the wiper arms? How long are the wiper arms on the model 3 (not the actual wipers, but the arm from the motor).

..if anybody have some high res pictures that would be even better..

The driver side is 23" from bolt center line to the center of the wiper attachment latch. The passenger side is 28.5" measuring straight however the arm itself has a bend in it.

The sprinkler for the washer is a separate from the wiper arm however the wiper arm has posts that the sprinkler attaches to. The posts are bent out from the main body of the wiper arm.

Sorry I wasn't able get pics of the sprinkler.

The driver side is 23" from bolt center line to the center of the wiper attachment latch. The passenger side is 28.5" measuring straight however the arm itself has a bend in it.

The sprinkler for the washer is a separate from the wiper arm however the wiper arm has posts that the sprinkler attaches to. The posts are bent out from the main body of the wiper arm.

Sorry I wasn't able get pics of the sprinkler.

Great info - thanks!

Do you know if the sprinkler "body" is detachable from the arm?

I had the same issue. Take some rubbing alcohol to the rubber blades and clean them. Smooth sailing for me now.
I had major stutter/chatter with mine, too. Tried the rubbing alcohol solution (also discovered that the Manual actually says to try this!), and . . . . . . still major stutter/chatter. I'm going to try to more thoroughly clean the blades again tonight. But as it stands, this is just ridiculous.

One thing I found when I went to clean them the first time: It's tough to get to the wipers, they sit under the hood a bit. Further reading of the manual revealed there's a setting for wiper maintenance that makes them come up a bit for better/easier access.

As far as washer fluid is concerned. I’m assuming that “blue” OEM fluid Tesla uses that gets all over the A Pillars (lol) is “not” of the ‘De-ice’ type since the cars come from Cali. And with the latest 44 update Winter is the ‘last’ thing obviously on they’re minds. I’m guessing we should cycle to the De-Ice temp sensitive washer fluid ASAP in colder climates so the fluid doesn’t freeze and can be used in the 20’s we have coming.

Ski