Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 with 5 bikes

2TNE

Sep 20, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey 2TNE, I'm getting the EcoHitch Stealth for our Model 3 as well, but am having trouble finding a shop in San Diego to do the install. Who did you ultimately end up using? Any feedback on the hitch or the cargo carrier you are using? Thanks in advance!
I live in Santa Barbara, and had our local Tesla-certified body shop, Precision Auto Body, install it. I picked up a Küat Sherpa bike carrier to save weight (~15 lbs compared to a Thule T2). I also checked with Rack Attack in Santa Monica. Cost was about the same as the local body shop (~$500).

As far as feedback goes, the Stealth hitch receiver and the Küat rack work really well. The downsides are that the range takes a sizable hit when doing freeway speeds. With the 3 being so low, and the rack sticking so far out the back end, it's really easy to drag the rack coming out of driveways with any sort of slope.

spehanich

May 28, 2020
Sacramento, California

Jrzapata

Jun 24, 2018
Texas
Very Impressive. Can you tell me whether you can open the truck without lowering the 1up? I've been considering the 1up since my son has one and now it turns out that it is one of the few racks available because of the pandemic-caused run on bike gear. Thanks in advance.
Once the bikes are on, the trunk is shut. No access to it.

• Informative
Reactions: spehanich

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC