Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 with iPhone running iOS 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With iOS 11 doing more to prevent apps from using your GPS location at all times, how will this hurt using your phone as your key.
The Kwikset Kevo is not usable in its designed form with the new OS.

I am looking for thoughts and any insight people may have regarding the model 3 key.

There is a thread on phone/ 3 interaction As to GPS, it would likely not have the accuracy/ reliability to be the sole authentication method.
iOS 10 broke the Kwikset Kevo due to bug in Bluetooth which was fixed in 10.0.2 last year. Did 11 break it again?

There is a thread on phone/ 3 interaction As to GPS, it would likely not have the accuracy/ reliability to be the sole authentication method.
iOS 10 broke the Kwikset Kevo due to bug in Bluetooth which was fixed in 10.0.2 last year. Did 11 break it again?
iOS 11 now makes the blue bar at the top (like the green phone call bar) when a app is using your gps. When using my Waze app for my morning commute, if i do not force close the app the blue bar saying it is using my location will stay there all day.

I hope the will give us the option to hide the notification for select apps before the full release.

• Informative
Reactions: phaduman and mongo