Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 won’t start, help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see none of those cars are the first model year.

Every single one of them were first model years (unless you literally mean the first generation of the models?). The Jetta was actually a 1999.5 - the first for generation IV of the Jetta. The 2008 lancer was first year for that generation and we got the 2013 Elantra in May 2012 - also the first year of that generation. I know they say not to buy the first model year of a new generation but none of those cars left me stranded.

Even if you meant first generation model year, Tesla has been making cars for almost 10 years now. Their $55,000 vehicles shouldn’t have to be towed within a week of ownership.

Last edited:
Reactions: C141medic
Lol is this why so many people are in horrible debt? Haha

Yup. HOWEVER

With a Tesla you’d get a warranty for some number of years and a buyback if things got really serious and it was a total lemon.

You’d get a nice loaner likely to if there are issues.

A spouse gets you none of the above.

See why a Tesla is such a wise purchase despise all the potential hassles? :)

Short answer, no.

I can however report that so far Tesla service has been great. I love the text updates, there have been a couple calls to check in with me. Wish I had the car, but still hopeful I will have it back very soon.

Worst part has been coming into the office today and having everyone ask me if the new car is here today. I've been telling them "No, but I have a picture!"

IMG_6419 copy.jpg

Reactions: Atoms
Short answer, no.

I can however report that so far Tesla service has been great. I love the text updates, there have been a couple calls to check in with me. Wish I had the car, but still hopeful I will have it back very soon.

Worst part has been coming into the office today and having everyone ask me if the new car is here today. I've been telling them "No, but I have a picture!"

View attachment 317349
aww man, I hope they figure out what it is and get the car back to you soon.

Reactions: Atoms
I am a Model S owner. My friend just took delivery of a SR+ yesterday and has had to do a hard restart every time she has started car to get screen working. Also we noticed the display showing what looked similar to fast snow coming down. Any other recent builds experiencing this issue? Thanks!
While it could be the build, it also could be the latest firmware (and the one previous). It's buggy, probably should have never been released, but there was probably pressure to release it early.