Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 won't go into sleep mode after homelink installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 model 3, was sleeping peacefully since pickup but I just installed homelink today and for the past 5 hours it haven't been able to enter sleep mode, should I be concerned? it updates once every 15 minutes by itself.

would I need a hard reboot (go to the screen->shut down) or get a service appointment for it?

Thank you

2021 model 3, was sleeping peacefully since pickup but I just installed homelink today and for the past 5 hours it haven't been able to enter sleep mode, should I be concerned? it updates once every 15 minutes by itself.

would I need a hard reboot (go to the screen->shut down) or get a service appointment for it?

Thank you

How do you know its not going into sleep mode? "What" is updating every 15 minutes by itself? To answer the other question, shutting down the computer in the manner you mention is always a good thing to try if you are experiencing anything "strange".

Just make sure you shut it down, and dont touch anything for a while. Open the drivers door, then select shut down, and get out, and close the door, and dont touch the car (or open the tesla app, etc) for at least 10 minutes. Using the power shut down and then immediately powering back up sometimes doesnt fix things that a full sleep does, and that takes about 7-10 minutes after a power off command.

I've had many days working out of my garage, or even just watching TV on my phone or laptop. My 3 is about 5 feet away. Some days it sits quietly and does absolutely nothing, other days it seems to be waking itself up every 15-20 minutes and is constantly whirring and doing who knows what. It gets annoying listening to the contactors popping over and over. But its always back to normal sooner or later.

I've always wondered if proximity to my cell phone could be causing it. I figure I'm well within BLE range, so maybe I'm causing some of it by being so close to the car. But if that were the case, I doubt the car would ever sleep since my wife and I are both working from home due to COVID, and we both have our phones set up as keys. The car would be waking up constantly as we roam around the house.