Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3/Y Camber Arm Choices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MPP Comfort Coils going on in a few weeks, and want to address the lack of rear camber adjustment while I'm installing new hardware. I plan to drop about 20-25mm.

With the many vendors offering camber arms (and toe arms) for Model 3/Y platform, I'm looking for feedback why someone would choose one brand over another. Additionally, there's a bunch of flack about spherical bushings and how they add NVH. I know some NVH is expected with spherical bushings so I'm not too worried about it, but would like to know if some have experienced more NVH from some products over others, or some that have become more noticeable over time. I've used links in the past with aurora spherical bearings and they've been a dream (when you keep them lubricated once a year or so).

I acknowledge many are using MPP kits, so plenty of feedback on those, however more is always welcome. I'm most interested in hearing more about the other options in the marketplace.

Spherical Options:

Mountain Pass

Arastradero Rear Upper Camber Arms for Tesla Model 3 & Y

Unplugged Performance
Unplugged Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms for Model Y

N2itive
N2itive's Forged Adjustable Rear Camber Arms For Tesla Model 3&Y

Redwood Motorsports (Spherical)
Redwood Motorsports Spherical Bearing Rear Control Arms Camber/Toe Adjustment - Model 3 / Y

Poly Option:

Megan Racing

Megan Racing Camber Kit Tesla Model Y (2020-2023) Rear Upper Arms

OE Rubber Option:

Redwood Motorsports FPX
FPX - OEM Rubber Bushing Adjustable Rear Camber & Toe Control Arms

Reactions: Skavatar
I’m running Redwood Spherical at the moment. No NVH that I’m noticing to speak of; NYC roads are lousy any way so it’s hard to notice anything. If I had to to it again I’d do the Mountain Pass because they are sealed or the Redwood FPX only because this is my daily that’s driven year-round and we get all four seasons where I am.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
I’m running Redwood Spherical at the moment. No NVH that I’m noticing to speak of; NYC roads are lousy any way so it’s hard to notice anything. If I had to to it again I’d do the Mountain Pass because they are sealed or the Redwood FPX only because this is my daily that’s driven year-round and we get all four seasons where I am.
The Redwood hardware runs Aurora bearings which are rather superior to most spherical bearings out there. However, they do need to be kept clean and lubricated. Nothing wrong with that if you can easily DIY.

I was torn between MPP and Unplugged, and ultimately went Unplugged. I will have feedback to share once I get all the hardware installed and dialed in.

Reactions: hyp36rmax and Kwame
I have Megan Racing arms and have been running them about a month now with no issues. I am lowered on Eibach springs and the alignment shop was able to bring rear camber to 1.3*, it started at 3*.
Update, I have had the rear camber arms on for a couple of months now and one of the bushings has failed. They are sending replacements, but not something I would recommend any more.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
Running whiteline arms. Looks very similar to the megans, but uses polyurethane bushings. I've had good luck with whiteline poly products in the past, so hopeful these will be issue free. Been on the car for a month so far without problems.

No, I went through the eBay seller and got them in a few days. I did reach out to them on my own though and didn't get a response, so I am happy the eBay seller helped out. They did only send the bushings, so I did have to pull them off and press in the new ones. I have almost no confidence that they will last any longer than the last set, so I am looking for other options.

Don't forget SPL Parts, these are very popular on our BMW race applications and they have recently started supporting Tesla applications:

SPL-RUAMOD33__42932_1200x1200.jpg

Tesla Model 3/Y Rear Upper Links greatly increase the range of rear camber adjustment for high performance track/street applications and are a must for lowered cars to meet alignment requirements. The adjustment range provided by the eccentric washer on the OEM control arm is insufficient to get camber back into proper spec.

Our Rear Upper Links feature gun drilled 2024 Aluminum center links, clamps, and clevises, along with Blue Anodized Titanium socket head cap screws and our 360 degree rotating clamp system. This combination provides superior strength, performance, durability, and ease of adjustment. Long gone are the days of fumbling with wrenches to tighten jam nuts while trying to trying to keep your bearings oriented correctly. A simple 3/16" allen key is all that is required to lock down your alignment settings!

FK Spherical Rod Ends eliminate the soft worn out bushings on the stock links to reduce alignment change in the rear suspension under hard cornering, acceleration and braking. They feature a Teflon liner to provide quiet operation, low friction, smooth articulation, and eliminates bushing deflection under load. The PTFE liner is chemically bonded to the inner diameter of the race. The liner offers a very high load carrying capacity and has greatly increased dynamic wear characteristics. The operating temperatures of the liner ranges from -65º to 325ºF, offering robust reliability for both street and track use.

Last edited:
In addition to SPL, here's a couple of more Rear Upper Camber Arm brands not listed. Exciting to see more and more manufacturers recognizing the platform!