Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3/Y updated interior door panels now available in Canada & Model 3 SR-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla updated things overnight. There were some price changes in the US, not sure if they were affected in Canada too.

They are now showing the updated interior door panels like the ones in the Made in China cars.

The Model 3 super limited range trim aka SR- is now available as an option in the configurator. Pretty strange move from their part to offer that option publicly.

60438E93-098A-49F7-9624-0E878EA4CA34.png

42FCE7CD-91C5-4214-8AA0-40DEC1F0D0FC.png

what?.. yeah, that's really strange to offer the SR- on the website while they took out MY SR since the range is inadequate.... as usual, it's hard to apply logic to the sales tactic of Tesla.

If you look closely, it's also strange how they're not showing the updated interior on MY?... No mentioning of heated steering wheel anywhere also..

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
what?.. yeah, that's really strange to offer the SR- on the website while they took out MY SR since the range is inadequate.... as usual, it's hard to apply logic to the sales tactic of Tesla.

If you look closely, it's also strange how they're not showing the updated interior on MY?... No mentioning of heated steering wheel anywhere also..
You're right it doesn't mention the heated steering wheel - but the pictures ARE of the updated interior.... the console is the new version (at least on the Canadian version of the site)

Reactions: TBrownTX
I believe that's the reason. That ~151km model exists because one of the govt rebates requires that the base model of the car be no more than 45k$CAD if memory serves me right. This is what makes the SR+ eligible. Tesla pulled a quick one by creating that model that no one wants and not making it visible. Maybe the government caught up and forced them to show it on the web site.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
What a strange offering. They originally created it just to qualify for the grants, but the regular SR+ qualifies just fine now. I wonder if they are planning a price hike on the SR+ so they reintroduced that. Or perhaps they needed to make that easier to order to maintain qualification for the grants...I can't imagine that many would buy it. My understanding was that if you ordered the SR there was not going to be an upgrade path to the SR+ later.

151km! ow.

No no, the SR+ qualifies BECAUSE this lower model exists, in Canada. If the base model is over 45kCAD, you cannot get the credit. As long as the base model is under 45kCAD, any trim under 55kCAD qualifies. Said another way, you're allowed a MAX of 10kCAD in options over the base model. I know, the credit program is weird...

Absolutely, you could call in and order it off-menu. That is why I am thinking that they got some pressure to make it available on the website or potentially lose the qualification.

Reactions: GtiMart