Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3/Y Yoke Style Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel [hansshow]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t being ignorant. I was just requesting a link to the one mentioned, since there are so many out there. Regardless thank you for your review.
Not sure which one that guy bought but he probably cheaped out. I can attest to the black one from SASKATE on Alibaba for the model 3/Y. It is just the right weight to remove all nags but not disengage autopilot. The magnets are plenty strong, the finish is smooth and it isn't intrusive ... I leave it clipped on 24/7. Comes in a really fancy box and it was $45 shipped a few months ago, now looks like it goes for $52 shipped:

The one I bought was on Amazon, it was called "Steering Wheel Booster for Tesla Model3 Y/Model S X,Car Vehicle Steering Wheel Auxiliary Booster for Tesla Autopilot FSD Auto Assisted Driving,Upgrade" and was sold by
JAOCDOEN

I'd give a link but they don't sell it anymore. Literally the first time I took a corner rapidly (and the next few) it flew into the passenger seat or the cabin floor - scared me crazy so I haven't tried since.

These Greecar ones on Ali Express look OK and have customisable options. Ali Express seems to have a variety of styles in other brands.
Was wondering, if not already mentioned, are there any warranty issues to worry about with these?

AU $587.54 37% Off | Pilot Shape Yoke Steering Wheel Carbon Fiber Leather Unique Shape For Tesla Model Y Model 3 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021

These Greecar ones on Ali Express look OK and have customisable options. Ali Express seems to have a variety of styles in other brands.
Was wondering, if not already mentioned, are there any warranty issues to worry about with these?

AU $587.54 37% Off | Pilot Shape Yoke Steering Wheel Carbon Fiber Leather Unique Shape For Tesla Model Y Model 3 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021
If link is dodgy try this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...exp_id=d8821b96-a1f4-4dfc-8db0-740e7c2c1e63-0

I ordered one that looked like that off Aliexpress last week.

My steering yoke arrived today from Hansshow, and I am rather impressed with the overall quality of the leather and stitching. They've also included metal scroll wheels - which I didn't expect as all photos on their website show plastic ones. Also, it seems as if the airbag retention bracket is also included, so nothing will have to be transferred from the original wheel. So it's a simple drop-in replacement. Nice.

1627913486859.png

1627913521246.png

1627913622880.png

Attachments

• 1627913569859.png
    1627913569859.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Love
Reactions: Audietron
July 7th.
Man I'm getting impatient with them, I ordered mine June 21st and still have not received it. Every time I ask them what the deal is they keep telling me they need more time. What I'm thinking happened was they forgot to add the heating element that I told them I needed in the order notes and probably had to make a new one. But they are horrible with updating me. Last they told me was mine had some sort of issue that needed to be corrected 😑

So I realized that Hansshow made a mistake when adding the scrollwheels and covers - see photo below:

1628012609651.png

I ended up transferring the scroll wheels from my existing steering wheel to the yoke, and now I am quite happy with the results. Driving with the yoke is no problem at all, as I never used the top half of a traditional steering wheel during turns in the first place.

Here's how it looks built-in and ready to go:

1628012692781.png

So I realized that Hansshow made a mistake when adding the scrollwheels and covers - see photo below:

View attachment 691579

I ended up transferring the scroll wheels from my existing steering wheel to the yoke, and now I am quite happy with the results. Driving with the yoke is no problem at all, as I never used the top half of a traditional steering wheel during turns in the first place.

Here's how it looks built-in and ready to go:

View attachment 691583
Man I'm jealous, been waiting forever, not sure when I'll get mine now, they literally won't tell me.

Wow! This makes the stock round wheel look so lame. My only complaint is that now it looks like you need to add some type of driver's side instrument panel to get the full "refreshed Model S" look. You have this unobstructed view that is a little too open and plain as-is. How is the feel when driving in sport mode?
Feel the opposite personally. First with the Tesla, the whole let's put screens/buttons and stuff all over the place of a traditional car makes you wonder what is going on when I get in my wife's BMW X3, I just sold a 435i...same thing, why so much stuff?!?! But, some things traditionally in places, knobs/controls are useful, like A/C vents/controls.

Otherwise, I think the yoke wheel gets rid of that annoying upper part of the steering wheel which personally I find distracting and in the way of my view out of the front of the vehicle.

With all of the above said though, I don't like the missing upper part where you would traditionally put your hands, where there are normally notches/fatter part, just above the control section at 10-2, or more like 10:30 2:30 positions where you would rest your thumbs/thumb padding. It might look a bit strange, but having and extended portion that still gives you that portion of the steering wheel to rest above the side controls I think is something that needs to be there. Hence why you look at formula one steering wheels, they have that. Actually, many formula 1 have a reverse yoke design there you can put your thumbs in holes and the bottom has what I'm talking about in this paragraph above.

I guess on this steering wheel/Plaid, you are supposed to rest your thumbs on the top notch it provides with hands grasping the side?

To each his own though!

cb12f658f54cdb5aa1db7f8d493556d6.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another picture taken from the rear seat to show the complete look overall:

View attachment 691923
Hey did the car give you any errors for not having the heating component plugged in to the wiring harness? I originally ordered a heated wheel from Hansshow, but they said they were still testing the heating implementation, that's why I never received it. I told them just to ship me one without it then. I was concerned if a 2021 model would throw errors if the heating element was missing.