Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Yoke Steering Wheel Removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
I've removed my Yoke steering wheel from my Model 3 Performance, after nearly 12 months of use.

I fitted it specifically to see if I could get used to that style of steering device, before spending £100k on a new Model S (whenever they arrive)

I personally really liked it, so that mission was a success, but unfortunately my Wife could not get used to it at all.

So now I know that my Model S will purely be for my own personal driving use, which I can live with... (just means the Model 3 will now most likely end up in her hands)...

My Yoke was the heated Steering option, although I never got around to wiring that part in (heating connector plug arrived after I'd fitted the wheel)

How are you getting on with your 'Knight Rider' Yoke wheels?

signal-2021-10-11-201932 (2).jpg

signal-2021-10-11-201932.jpg

What was the point? Even if you didn’t mind steering with it it’s still not comparable to the S/X yoke because you still had stalks rather than buttons on the wheel for everything

The transition away from stalks will be another challenge yes, but I didn't fancy hacksawing them off just yet.

Just trying out the wheel was enough, and that alone is a deal-breaker for some.

One step at a time...

I actually liked the yoke. No problem for me.