Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3p ground clearance question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know standard ground clearance of model 3p? I'm at just Under 3.5 inches now with what I assume are unplugged performance lowest springs. Bought car like this and it has unplugged performance front lip so I assume it has those springs as well. Car looks great but it's such a pain being so low I've been thinking of maybe raising it but curious how high the lowered 3p are from the factory. I can handle going slow over speed bumps, it really seems to bottom of at all on the two metal bars hanging below the fabric behind the front bumper but I am kinda worried if I have to drive over gravel roads etc.

From the bottom of what?
Here's where you measure.
Front should be 139mm +/-3mm
Rear should be 146mm +/-3mm

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-18 Tesla MODEL 3 SERVICE MANUAL FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT (CHECK AND ADJUST).png
    Screenshot_2020-07-18 Tesla MODEL 3 SERVICE MANUAL FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT (CHECK AND ADJUST).png
    177.2 KB · Views: 164
Sounds like you're lowered by ~2", which is probably too much. What size tires are on the car? This measure is sensitive to tire pressures and tire sizes. The most reliable way to measure lowering is from the fender down to the center of the wheel hub.

1.5" is the max for street driving IMO. even then you will bottom out on bigger uneven dips in streets, driveways, etc. the 3 is already a low car from factory. The design with the huge wheel gap makes it appear high up. you're probably dropped closer to 2".

Sounds like you're lowered by ~2", which is probably too much. What size tires are on the car? This measure is sensitive to tire pressures and tire sizes. The most reliable way to measure lowering is from the fender down to the center of the wheel hub.
Do this and let us know that figure so you can compare like with like. The stock ride height is around 395-400mm measured that way.