Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3p ground clearance question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you measure that accurately. Do I guess where the center of the wheel hub is?

When I do mine accurately I use the plastic top of a spray can which happens to be the same diameter as the rim's centre cap so I've marked the exact centre of that can top and when I put it in place of the rim cap it gives me a point to measure from which is level with the fender, so I get a very accurate measurement.

Or just put a piece of tape on your centre cap, mark the centre as best you can and use that. It will be better than doing it by eye.

So an inch drop is 27” from ground to highest arch of fender well.

If you measure from the ground rather than the rim's centre, you'll get variations in the tyre wall height. You need to use two points which won't ever change, which is why we use the centre of the rim and the fender lip. Even if you put a different size set of wheels/tyres on, that measurement will be the same.

If you measure from the ground rather than the rim's centre, you'll get variations in the tyre wall height. You need to use two points which won't ever change, which is why we use the centre of the rim and the fender lip. Even if you put a different size set of wheels/tyres on, that measurement will be the same.
You are correct but it’s super hard to do an accurate measurement unless you have something bolted to the center. Fastest and easiest way is from the ground to get a “range”