TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3P without $5k suspension question.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by shanejackson, Aug 7, 2018.

1. shanejackson

shanejackson Member

Can anyone confirm the P without the $5 package has the same lowered suspension as the one with the $5K package?

2. OmahaG8

OmahaG8 Member

The P3D without the 5k package has none of the things the 5k package has - zero of them - except the additional 0-60 time.

• Like x 1
  3. ba2002

ba2002 Member

A person who has P3D w/o upgrade says his suspension is 10mm lower than non-p model 3. Maybe you have physically confirmed otherwise? Otherwise Its helpful to qualify your statements if needed.

Edit: The Performance Upgrade Package Question

4. shanejackson

shanejackson Member

No *sugar* Captain Obvious!

Nowhere in the description does the $5k package list the lowered suspension... thus why I asked.

• Funny x 1
  5. OmahaG8

OmahaG8 Member

I mean,
    No, I don’t have in-person proof.

But it blows my mind the red caliper thread went on as long as it did. I reiterate what I said in that thread.

Do you want cool stuff? Pay 5k.

Do you not care about cool stuff? Don’t pay 5k.

You are not getting the cool stuff without paying 5k.

• Love x 1
  6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Lol amazing how many variations of what do I get or not get on P package ...do i get track mode...etc ....Tesla should have just made this package standard made things easier. ..also don’t understand if folks are getting the best 3 why cheap out on the perf package better to drop EAP as that is known software upgrade vs unknowns of what can (most likely can’t) be upgraded without getting P packge

7. ba2002

ba2002 Member

I'm not sure why anyone interested in actual "performance" would spend $5k for heavy wheels with "summer" tires that have been modified for range.

If they renamed it the "aesthetics upgrade package" I bet it would have reduced the post count on TMC by 50% ;)

• Funny x 2
  8. shanejackson

shanejackson Member

I see lowered suspension IS listed under the performance package now (dont think it use to be???). My apologies OmahaG8.

• Like x 1
  9. OmahaG8

OmahaG8 Member

No apology needed, wasn’t trying to be a jerk.

To be clear though, there was a time when the lowered suspension wasn’t mentioned at all - then later it got added to only the 5k package description.

• Like x 1
  10. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Calling it Rice package would have solved so much confusion.

P3 -Type R Edition

• Funny x 1