TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3s popping up everywhere!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Frubbish, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Frubbish

Frubbish Member

Trip to Austin yielded 3 brand new owners just by chance. We interviewed them and got their first impressions. Also discuss aero rims and Xpel protection.

• Like x 7
    • Love x 2
  2. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

I saw one driving around here in Greenville, SC last weekend.

3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

There are plenty is SoCal but I just want one "popping up" in my garage!

• Like x 8
    • Funny x 4
  4. corduroy

corduroy Member

Still have only seen 1 in the wild in my area.

5. privater

privater 2016 Model S and 2017 Model 3 owner

I saw 3 Model 3 in the same parking lot level. And this is not a typical silicon valley company, Model 3 is like wildfire in bay area.

IMG_4965.JPG

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Rideshare Monkey

Yeah I was going to say, just try living in the Bay Area- I see more Model 3 now than I saw Model S four years ago I think! :rolleyes:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Hmm can you get a photo of the silver and midnight silver to be side by side so I can decide this color once and for all!

• Funny x 1
  8. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Just saw beautiful red one at work today... I guess I won't be the first :(

• Like x 2
  9. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

I saw one in my Kitchen!

• Funny x 1
  10. MissAutobahn

MissAutobahn Elon, please ramp up China-GF in ludicrous mode!

Since easter I saw 3 M3 in the wild outside (!!!) of CA.
    Tue. white on I-5 near Portland WA
    Sat. red on I-94 near Madison WI
    Mon. midnight silver on West12Mile Rd. in Farmington Hills near Detroit.

Next weekend I want to visit the Detroit store in Troy. Maybe the second store after Santana Row in San Jose 2 weeks ago where I can experience one :rolleyes:
    I would love to drive one, but in the Detroit area M3 are rare I suppose...

• Like x 2
  11. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

One of the bear "arguments" against the success of the Model 3 is everyone wants to drive "different" looking cars.

I wouldn't care any less if I saw 100 other Model 3's that looked just like mine.

Am I in the minority here with this opinion?

• Like x 8
  12. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

On this site? no
    In general.... Maybe

• Like x 1
  13. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

People do little things to differentiate I guess... a happy problem when you see as many 3's as Toyota Corollas? :)

• Like x 3
  14. oliman06

oliman06 Member

Was it a beautiful Red one with Aero wheels? =) IMG_8290.JPG I just took delivery of my red Model3 with Aero wheels just a week ago - could it be that you saw mine? - I am always excited to see one on the road - Dropped off my daughter in school this AM and a Blue Model3 was just a few cars ahead of me on the drop off lane. We're growing and it's an amazing feeling. - First Day Reserve - 3/31/2018 Tesla Pasadena.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  15. oliman06

oliman06 Member

I think I agree with you because I love sharing the road with other Tesla's and quite frankly, the more Tesla out there, I believe the better our traffic flow will become because if we all "auto pilot" side-by-side so to speak, we start controlling the distance of the cars on the road. Also, people who get EV vehicles are either early adopters or all-in believers of the future of the automotive landscape... plus knowing they experienced the same "delivery experience" as I did only makes it better for all of us on the road in our Teslas - Model 3 or S or X ... Then there are the truly rare Roadster owners... I hope they'll enjoy sharing the road with us "Tesla Peasants". =P

• Love x 1
  16. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Maybe, do you work near LAX?

17. xav-

xav- Active Member

Everywhere! Even in front of my garage

• Like x 1
  18. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

A lot of us are fine with the idea of every car being a Tesla. However,
    1. That's not going to happen. There's also the Chevy Bolt and some others out there.
    2. Tesla has the Roadster, Model S, Model X, Model 3, Model Y, Roadster 2020, and Pickup. Some of the earliest Model S's are now 6 years old, and their cost should be down around what a brand new upper range Model 3 will cost. Soon, Model X should be getting lower in cost as they age, and Model Y will be coming out. There will be a steady stream of different looking Teslas you can buy for a similar price range.
    Generally, I think eventually there will be both more electric vehicles to chose from and more people wanting to buy them.

19. MattD

MattD Member

In the past I've seen a model 3 every few weeks, but yesterday I saw 5 of them in one day! Ramp is progressing nicely. :)

20. JBare

JBare Member

I received my invite last Friday (Apr 6) as a non-owning line-waiter in Northern VA. Just saw my first Model 3 "in the wild" yesterday on my way home. I see lots of Tesla's in Reston and they seem to stick out, probably because I'm a fan and subliminally looking for them. As I approached this Blue Tesla while they were driving the other way it seemed like any old Tesla until I noticed the wheels and BLAM a Model 3! I was pumped but wish I had gotten a better look....thought about a U-turn but decided against it

• Like x 1