Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3’s reportedly warehoused in Maple

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
Started this thread to get it out of the rebate thread. Maybe we can continue it here. For reference:

Ontario EHVIP Rebate for the Model 3 - Information Thread
VIN are coming soon. I live in Maple, I have been seeing one truck a day delivering Model 3s to a local warehouse. They are here.

Yes. Ontario maple. I just got my charger as well and the FedEx guy told me that he has been told the same from others in the neighbourhood.

Model 3s for sure. I visited Tesla in Yorkdale two weeks ago Saturday just to see the model 3 in person and questioned the sales rep about them being in Ontario. He confirmed that they are here and stated that they are waiting for the Ontario government to approve the rebate before they start processing. Not sure how true this is but I will take it. I know everyone CAN’T wait . Although I am surprises the Lawrence store doesn’t have a model to showcase

How long is it since the first Canadian Model 3s were configured? It is only about 4-5 weeks. And don't forget that the assembly line wad down for one week in each of March and April. And it would take several days, possibly a week, for the cars to get to the GTA. That timeline seems really tight.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
How long is it since the first Canadian Model 3s were configured? It is only about 4-5 weeks. And don't forget that the assembly line wad down for one week in each of March and April. And it would take several days, possibly a week, for the cars to get to the GTA. That timeline seems really tight.
Maybe these were just taken from their built up inventory? Who knows how Canadian model 3s differ from their US counterparts

The only physical difference between once car and the next is colour and wheel size. Everything else is software. It wouldn't be difficult for them to pull off the next car in the assembly line that matched a Canadian order once it came in.

Also a bit skeptical.. As much as I'd enjoy a "surprise, delivery is tomorrow!" message we need some lead time with our VIN to arrange financing/insurance so I don't think it would be a logical move by TM