Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 6, Six Seater - long trips and 2nd row comfort

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting discussion on armrests, which I think are a Tesla shortcoming but which I’ve not seen much discussion on. For the 2nd row of our 7 seater, a couple of large pillows in the middle work ok to fill the need. They have the added bonus of serving as pillows when needed.

Tesla stopped offering the center console for the 6 seater as one of their consolidation efforts to reduce options to simplify production. Was once so many separate options that there were 2000 variations for the model S, I believe. Fewer options = cost containment.
AE5604BA-41A0-44AD-BDD0-82BBF00E6689.jpeg

My brother was shopping for an X back in February, and the sales advisor said they could add the center console for him at no cost when he ordered. I don’t know if it has changed in the last couple months.

I also had the console installed on my 2017 X
Been looking forever and asking forever and finally caught a break when I saw someone on the forum who ordered showed me the part info which I passed along to my SC and they ordered and installed

We love our 6 seater with center console. IMO, it’s a travesty the second row seats don’t have armrests. Even during my test drive years ago that stood out as a huge problem, to say nothing of a long road trip. To be fair to Tesla, my buddy just got a Volvo XC90 Inscription edition and it’s a six seater with no second row armrests or console either!

Prior to the X and S refresh, Tesla did offer the center console “off menu.” No idea if that’s still the case. It’s totally worth if you love the pedestal monopost seats, which I do.

And then for the OP definitely get a bike rack. The 6 seater is definitely LESS functional than the 5 and 7 seat bench seats. Finagling a bike in there isn’t worth the trouble.

Reactions: Bigriver
What I hope that Tesla can fix is the lack of recline for the 2nd row, compared to other captains chairs sold by luxury brands there isnt enough recline and it makes sleeping uncomfortable especially when combined with the lack of armrests.

Hi,
You should check with Tesla about the 2nd row center console. I just had my MX 6 seater center console installed after purchase of the vehicle for just under $800. Car came from factory without console as it was no longer available to order configured from factory.
Best addition to my car, same concern for added comfort.
View attachment 542653
Is the console removable after it has been installed once?