Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 75 Lease Quote

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm very close to ordering a vehicle, but I was looking for some user opinions on the quote as well as a few questions I have.

As you can see from the quote the car was originally $93,450, discounted to $77,600. The lease works out to $681 with $5,000 down plus taxes. This seems like a very good deal for a Red color, EAP, Premuim, Sunroof, Wheels, Seats, etc. When the salesman ran another Model S 75 car that wasn't discounted, the monthly payment of course was higher.

Given Tesla's interest rate is quite high on the lease, has anyone had a recent experience with another leasing companies and if yes, what was the rate and how did you negotiate the tax credit?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Attachments

• IMG_20171007_154924.jpg
    IMG_20171007_154924.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 226
Thanks all for the comments and suggestions on the referral credit. I had the rep factor that in.

G'sin, not sure about the Q3 promos anymore since, on my revised quote, that wording changed to Website. I asked for a revised quote to ensure taxes, title, etc. were included and also the referral credit.

However, I'm a little upset given that the new quote is a little higher than the prior quote. I'm told this was due to a change in the residual calculation (increase of 2%). Given this was told to me after I placed the $2,500 down, the salesman told me he would make it right come Monday. Not sure what he meant, but I hope he meant he would get it back down the original quote.

Does this revised quote make the deal less attractive? The salesman told me deals like these don't come around too often, and from reading posts in this forum, I would tend to somewhat agree. Or was that typical sales talk?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• msquote.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 122
Not sure of the answer to this but would you save 1k by finding lease financing elsewhere?
Also is 2k for licensing normal where you live?
The deal itself is great, it's whether you can find ways to get rid of the extra costs they are throwing in with the processing fees on the licensing and financing!

Good point DriveMe. I usually only drive around 7,000 miles a year or so. But, I can see myself wanting to drive more, especially given the free supercharging.

Lukez, the 2k is the tax, plates, etc. which should equate to 7.25%. I'm going to reach out to other lease companies starting Monday. I was hoping to get some user experiences here for reference.

Thanks.

the end of quarters new generally the best time to grab a New inventory as they are already produced and can push sales number up, this past 3rd quarter, was the biggest push i have seen from Tesla, one of the members here has a website you can look at to see new inventory ev-cpo.com if you want to see what kind of discounts are being given at the time. if your going with a custom order, there wont be any discounts...

Not having too much luck with a different leasing company. I called Earth Auto and spoke to nice man who basically told me the 5% rate on the lease is pretty much standard across the industry. Few other local credit unions don't offer leases on Teslas. Has anyone received a recent lease rate from a 3rd party lower than the 5% Tesla is offering.

Thanks.

Not having too much luck with a different leasing company. I called Earth Auto and spoke to nice man who basically told me the 5% rate on the lease is pretty much standard across the industry. Few other local credit unions don't offer leases on Teslas. Has anyone received a recent lease rate from a 3rd party lower than the 5% Tesla is offering.

Thanks.
I've never heard of any other 3rd parties that would lease Teslas except Earth Auto.

What I’m wondering is how Tesla gave you a residual value of 61.3% in 3yrs based on 93.4k down to 57k.

Most Tesla leases have a residual based on 48-51% after 36 months.

That in itself makes the lease quite favourable in addition to the discount!

Can you share with me your math? Are you basically saying that this specific deal, based on the Q4 quote, even with the increase of $18/month, was better than the original deal based off the Q3 promo? Appreciate your input.

What I’m wondering is how Tesla gave you a residual value of 61.3% in 3yrs based on 93.4k down to 57k.

Most Tesla leases have a residual based on 48-51% after 36 months.

That in itself makes the lease quite favourable in addition to the discount!

That's interesting, so far all the leases I've seen both from Tesla and quoted on the site have had residuals of 59-61% for 36 months. Does this change from one quarter to the next? Also seems like a pretty drastic change.

That's interesting, so far all the leases I've seen both from Tesla and quoted on the site have had residuals of 59-61% for 36 months. Does this change from one quarter to the next? Also seems like a pretty drastic change.

Wow maybe I’m getting a totally different rate then. Or in Canada we have different residuals?
I’m currently receiving 48% on a 3yr P100D lease.
A few fellow owners are also in the 50% range for a 36 month. Maybe it’s different here? I don’t see why. Cars depreciate the same in either country.

Update - I received another quote, this time based on the credit application I submitted a few days back. I'm attaching it here. The monthly price went up by $30. I believe this is due to them adding $1,000 to the Non-residualized Options line. This I was told was for the delivery. I was under the assumption the delivery was baked into the MSRP. While I'm not complaining, why don't the salespeople use the same workbook/calculation? This is the 3rd quote I've received - granted the first one should have never been quoted since it was Q3 promo during Q4, but the point is shouldn't this be clear cut? Am I being overcharged when compared to the prior quote? Granted a 94k car for $669/month for 3 years with 7k down and 10k miles/year, is a hellova a deal - right?

Thanks all.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: PrGrPa
In the US, Tesla first calculates a residual value based on a % of MSRP. It appears that in Q3 they were using 54% for a 10k miles 3-year lease, but now in Q4 they are using 52% for a 10k miles 3-year lease. Then after that Tesla ADDS $7500 to the residual value(that's basically how the lessee takes advantage of the tax credit).

Well I'm hoping today is the day I can pick up the car. It was supposed to be ready on Friday at Westmont but there was an issue with the LED lights - or at least that is what I was told. They were kind enough to let me have a loaner Model S 100D. Quite impressive. I was amazed that after 30 minutes of supercharging in North Aurora, the car had 130+ more miles on it.

Looking forward to posting more later today - fingers crossed.

Why does anyone put a down payment with a lease? I know it reduces the monthly, but seems like a weird use of capital.
I don’t think tesla let’s you lease with zero down. It’s kind of the same thing though. Spending it on depreciation up front to reduce monthly payment. Or higher monthly payment with no money down. Either way buying a new car...