Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I do expect to wait a bit for the convertible I think that not planning on having one and building the Model E design with that in mind would be VERY shortsighted and unTeslalike conduct. They know that they can not survive on sedans alone. I would actually expect that the coupe might come out before the sedan or possibly at the same time. They already have a sedan to sell and an SUV so they need a smaller coupe next. More of the same will not get them very far.

And I would love a 4 door convertible !!! That would be a great novel car for them to build with. No one else has it to offer.

Ask and Ye shall receive:
http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-convertible-100-confirmed-orders-5000-units-requested/

They would be wise to get involved with this. 5000 cars is a huge order and will serve to boost the market dramatically. I think the only problem is that Tesla will not be happy to have cars sold through a third party. However given that everyone in China is trying to do something shonky ( I know, I like there) , Tesla having some sort of control would be a good thing.