Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model LS V8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd think the driving dynamics would way off. Seem like it will be way nose heavy. Not sure where you intend to put fuel tank or route exhaust system. From a frontal impact safety perspective, realize you've just totally messed up the front crumple zone and any significant impact your likely to have the engine in your lap.

So other than for the novelty of it, I honestly don't see the purpose and personally value to me as a potential buyer would be zero. Maybe if you can find the right person it would have some value, but I wouldn't be doing it because you think you'll recoup your costs.

Just my two cents worth, but then I'm not into novelty vehicles.

I'd think the driving dynamics would way off. Seem like it will be way nose heavy. Not sure where you intend to put fuel tank or route exhaust system. From a frontal impact safety perspective, realize you've just totally messed up the front crumple zone and any significant impact your likely to have the engine in your lap.

So other than for the novelty of it, I honestly don't see the purpose and personally value to me as a potential buyer would be zero. Maybe if you can find the right person it would have some value, but I wouldn't be doing it because you think you'll recoup your costs.

Just my two cents worth, but then I'm not into novelty vehicles.
Fair enough. I'm planning using on a 60D with no sunroof to offset some of the weight. Keep in mind a D car has a motor up front already and configured for front wheel drive handling. I figure active air suspension will help also. Gas tank will go in rear sub floor storage compartment. Sadly side pipes will have to be used for exhaust.

Part of it is eliminating range anxiety. Ultimately it's how I think a performance car, not to mention hybrid, should be configured.
A FWD performance car?

With the battery you won't be able to fit a driveshaft to the rear wheels.

Tesla's motor will also fight with the front engine, and you don't have room for a gearbox. Also, the missing front motor will give you errors in Tesla's system.

With side pipes and gas tank behind the rear axle this thing would be hilariously unsafe and bad for the environment.

Also, you've asked the same question in 2017. Nothing much changed in 4 years?

what do you think?
Money pit. If you want to invest 30K, you're better off buying Tesla stock.

Rich is doing it for the Youtube views, not to make an actual product anyone would want.

It seems you have an idea, and haven't found a customer for this idea yet. Now why would that be?

Last edited:
Is the goal for longer range like a Frankenstein PHEV?
Part of it. Ultimately it's how I think a performance car Southold Southold shou
A FWD performance car?

With the battery you won't be able to fit a driveshaft to the rear wheels.

Tesla's motor will also fight with the front engine, and you don't have room for a gearbox. Also, the missing front motor will give you errors in Tesla's system.

With side pipes and gas tank behind the rear axle this thing would be hilariously unsafe and bad for the environment.

Also, you've asked the same question in 2017. Nothing much changed in 4 years?

Money pit. If you want to invest 30K, you're better off buying Tesla stock.

Rich is doing it for the Youtube views, not to make an actual product anyone would want.

It seems you have an idea, and haven't found a customer for this idea yet. Now why would that be?
Yes, I've been playing around with this for awhile. I think the LS4 is the missing piece.

An all wheel drive performance car as I will retain the rear electric motor, so no need for a driveshaft.

I think the motors will work well together, and
a should be very quick.

I think I can trick the car into thinking it's a single drive car to take care of most of the errors. Though traction control, autopilot, and cruise control will be a challenge.

The gas tank would be in the normal spot for a ICE car. Yes, the side pipes might be a hazard, but I see no other choice. Keep in mind this car will run on electric most of the time, and only engage the ICE for fun or range.

Im ready to do this for myself, but like to make money on my projects.

My guess is they're are a few people out there that would love this.