TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model P85D ordered at the event!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by andrewket, Oct 9, 2014.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Ordered a duplicate of my current car, only a P85D at the event tonight. :)

2. Cerie

Cerie Member

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, did you notice when you ordered if leather seats are now free? I went to the Design Studio on their website and noticed that they weren't charging for leather seats anymore but they've since taken down the website again.

3. andrewket

The new Recaro sports seats are included with the P85D. Is also appears that the only interior color option is black.

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Are you getting Reus again?

5. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Congrats Andrew!
    Did you notice that the parking sensors are somehow omitted from the design studio's latest version? They were a stand alone option.
    Sad to hear that black is the only interior color on the P85D.... is this a temporary situation or will it change?
    What are the new seats like?
    Also noted that you can now order "winter" tires and rims in the design studio as a stand alone option.

I have not seen a video of the announcement so sorry to all if I am asking uninformed questions.

6. Thud

Thud Member

It looks like some options were consolidated; parking sensors are probably now standard (part of the Autopilot package) though I don't see it explicitly stated.

The premium interior lighting kit is now just part of the premium interior package. I don't think a lot of people were ordering the lighting package as a standalone item.

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats. Looks like the tech package really is mandatory now when ordering. Will be an amazing car.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My interpretation of the revised S order page is that the optional Tech Package includes all the "Autopilot" features and the previously separate Parking Sensors are part of the new Tech Package option.

9. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

Well I just ordered mine - also a duplicate of my current car but a P85D. This is really the car I always wanted in the first place. My only qualm is that the red piping seems to be gone on the seats which I really liked. It appears as if the whole plus option is completely gone now - essentially the D is the plus now. Very exciting to be back on the waiting list watching my dashboard again! Now to plan a strategy to sell my existing one in the appropriate time frame.

10. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

Congrats! The price of the D is not bad at all for what you get.

11. CatB

CatB Member

When is delivery?
    We can't wait to have a look and help you celebrate!
    So thrilled for you, that is awesome!

12. andrewket

"Late December". Unfortunately I'll be traveling in late December until Jan 5th or so. If Tesla can manage to deliver right before Xmas I can take the new car on my trip.

13. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

A, I will have to pick it up for you and promise to keep it "warm." ;).

14. andrewket

Thanks dockt. I can always count on you! Did u see the vid I posted?

15. Hawaii J

Hawaii J Member

Nice, wonder if the serial numbers will show which P85Ds people get or are all Model S lumped together?