Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 0-60 tile drops over one second. This makes me angry because...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Cornflakes. Unicorns. Tesla should not improve its product without warning me. My Model S purchased one month ago was good enough on Thursday. But after this announcement Friday I am an angry man - disgusted with my Tesla and with Elon. If Tesla continues improving its product as fast as it can I will get more and more confooosed. It should warn me in advance before improving the car. Then I will feel at peace, like I feel when I suck my thumb in private with my favorite security blanket. I warn you all this continual improvement will harm Tesla's reputation! Mark my data-free words! :shakes fist at screen:

...Cornflakes. Unicorns. Tesla should not improve its product without warning me. My Model S purchased one month ago was good enough on Thursday. But after this announcement Friday I am an angry man - disgusted with my Tesla and with Elon. If Tesla continues improving its product as fast as it can I will get more and more confooosed. It should warn me in advance before improving the car. Then I will feel at peace, like I feel when I suck my thumb in private with my favorite security blanket. I warn you all this continual improvement will harm Tesla's reputation! Mark my data-free words! :shakes fist at screen:

Calis,
I'll take that obsolete S off your hands for 50% of what you paid for it. You can then upgrade to the latest and greatest knowing full well that Tesla will not obsolete you again, at least for several months. I'll throw in a nice Swag bag too! Deal? ;)

RT

I got it that you were speaking tongue-in-cheek. It is a problem with tech that anything you buy will soon be less than the best, and it is frustrating when the new version of something comes out right after you bought the previous best. I actually got very lucky when I bought my first iMac: I had decided to switch to the Mac, checked it out at the store, decided to follow my usual rule of sleeping on it, went back the next day only to be told they were no longer selling the one I had looked at because a new version had come out. I had the latest and best for months after that. Tesla is a car company but it's also a tech company, and no Tesla is going to remain the best for very long.

Edit: When the Model S started doing zero to 60 in the 3.x seconds range, I felt very unhappy, but at least I had several years before the Roadster was no longer the quickest Tesla.

I feel your pain, but I got six months of feeling superior for ordering an S60, nee S75, for a great price. Be pissed off not because they slip-streamed a performance boost (which was essential before M3 rollout!!!), but rather because your AP2 sensors aren't proving to be even slightly useful to meet AP1 parity, let along EAP/FSD.

I was thinking that since Tesla is computer on wheels. If following computer logic it seems that it can not render acceleration fast enough. So if I install more RAM memory in my S85 may be I can shave second or even two in my 0-60. No money at the moment for better CPU ;)

• Funny
Reactions: calisnow