Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 100D accelaration time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking on the internet for 2 days to find if the model s 100d accelaration time. Tesla site says 4,3 second 0-100 but i hear a lot of people saying under 4 seconds. So can Someone please tell me: if i would order a new tesla model s 100D, What Will my accelaration time be?
And is the 75D time Also quicker than advertised by Tesla?

In the USA, 0-60mph was 4.2 seconds up until about half a year ago when they started "uncorking" the cars through a software update. Then it officially became 4.1 seconds. Folks taking newer 100D cars to the dragstrip are getting as quick as 3.6 seconds 0-60mph.

Reactions: GaryW
Tesla introduced a new drive unit in late 2017 for 100D. The effect of uncorking for 100D with the new drive unit may be different than the old drive unit. It is possible that old drive unit are improved from 4.2->4.1 while the new drive units may be improved even more which will explain the high 3 times that some are getting. This is just my speculations though, the official word from Tesla is 4.1s 0-60.

Tesla introduced a new drive unit in late 2017 for 100D. The effect of uncorking for 100D with the new drive unit may be different than the old drive unit. It is possible that old drive unit are improved from 4.2->4.1 while the new drive units may be improved even more which will explain the high 3 times that some are getting. This is just my speculations though, the official word from Tesla is 4.1s 0-60.
Thanks for your answer, i Will ask my local dealership about the times.

Officially tesla will never indicate under 4 sec 0-60times for the ‘ non P’ 100d. Wouldn’t do well for their P100D to have a non P with a 3.x time

Reality is it will do 0-60 3.6 or 0-100 3.75/3.8.
I’ve power tooled a 2018 100D loaner last month and easily achieved 3.78sec 0-100km/h a few times. 90% charge.

Last edited:
Officially tesla will never indicate under 4 sec 0-60times for the ‘ non P’ 100d. Wouldn’t do well for their P100D to have a non P with a 3.x time

Reality is it will do 0-60 3.6 or 0-100 3.75/3.8.
I’ve power tooled a 2018 100D loaner last month and easily achieved 3.78sec 0-100km/h a few times. 90% charge.
We don’t know wether the high 3’s time apply to older s100D with old drive units too. Measurement method are also different, whether there is a 1 foot roll out or not will make a significant difference

I'm pretty sure the 100D's now have the same firmware/drivetrain/battery as my late 2017 100D, so you would have the same results.

Honestly you probably wont be able to tell the 0.2 second difference. 0-60 in <4 seconds is stupid fast as is - the instant torque you get when you hit the pedal makes it seem even faster

Andrew

We don’t know wether the high 3’s time apply to older s100D with old drive units too. Measurement method are also different, whether there is a 1 foot roll out or not will make a significant difference
My 3.78 sec time (0-100km/hr) was from 0. No roll out :) flat road. Temp was 17c outside and battery at 90% charge.
That would put 0-60mph at around 3.6sec.
Stupid fast :)

I never made it under 4.5 sec, 0-100 kmh, measured by Dashboard for Tesla. 100D, April 2017 (old DU).

I guess the major delay is on the start, because the car will not let you keep the accelerator and brakes pushed on the same time.

I never made it under 4.5 sec, 0-100 kmh, measured by Dashboard for Tesla. 100D, April 2017 (old DU).

I guess the major delay is on the start, because the car will not let you keep the accelerator and brakes pushed on the same time.

Use brake hold.

I have a June '17 with the old DU that consistently got 4.2 pre uncork then moved to 4.1 after uncork. This is with Powertools and brake hold.