TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S 100D Performance Upgrade

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mattreidy, Nov 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

I had an hour to burn just now after reading about the 100D performance upgrade so I stopped in to my local service center to ask if they could push the update to my car.

I’m running 2017.42.a88c8d5 now.

I was told they DO have the update but that they need me to leave the car for two hours so that they can “monitor” the upgrade in case something goes wrong.

That seems odd.

I asked if there were any hardware changes and was told no.

It’s not that they just didn’t want to bother now or that this is their standard practice.

Does this mean everyone with the 100D needs to go to make an appointment? Hmmmmm

2. Speedr117

Speedr117 Member

On the 75Ds, the uncorking has to be done by a service tech. The explanation given was that during the process, some safety systems are temporarily disabled, and they're worried that the update could fail halfway through and leave the vehicle unsafe.I'm sure it's the same for the 100Ds.

• Like x 1
  3. hjzs2k

hjzs2k Member

I'm not convinced the update is a "performance" update. I'll be doing my test later on .42, same as yours. Will share results in the performance thread afterward.

4. Speedr117

Speedr117 Member

The firmware update is independent of the performance update. Not sure all they do, but on the 75Ds, they change two values (like P1 to P3 or something) and some other value. If BOTH are not set properly, then the car is still Corked and the 0-60 stays the same.

5. hjzs2k

hjzs2k Member

Sorry. Let me add in that I have P1 config already and with DU00 on my 100D

6. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Anyone that has heard this from a service center, is there a service bulletin or the equivalent to ask a service advisor to look up? My local SC was not aware of the 100D update at all when I asked

7. futurem3owner

futurem3owner 2017 90D

I just called my local SC as well to ask them about the 100D update and they were not aware of any service bulletin or update. I was trying to see if my 90D produced in June would qualify. Any 90D owners inquired about the update?

8. croman

croman Active Member

This is exactly how the 75D uncorking started. Took 3 months to get Tesla to fess up and let everyone in on the party.

9. Tiger

Tiger Active Member

• Like x 1
  10. mattreidy

mattreidy Member

I got the 2017.44.02fdc86 upgrade installed 3.5 days ago.

I can’t perceive any performance difference. I don’t have a way to accurately measure my 0-60 so I didn’t bother to do so before and after. Maybe it’s quicker. It was already more than quick enough...

11. Tesomega

Tesomega Member

This was Tesla told me related to Uncorking Performance Upgrade

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support. There is a uncorking performance upgrade. However this was for 75 D vehicles. The has not been a performance upgrade for 100 D vehicles yet. If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact customer support or your local service center. Thank you for your patience and have a great week. "

12. Chasedrgc1223

Chasedrgc1223 Nearly Insane

Who sent you this response? Definitely incorrect and I would escalate the issue

13. ccdisce

ccdisce EBISU like

If you have the time you may want to check the perf_config using the API, a thread is at
    Tesla Owner API Tutorial (All you need is your browser)

14. Dutchie

Dutchie Active Member

Most people at SC don't know. They had to ask further and I have now an appointment for uncorking on Monday

15. outdoors

outdoors Always roaming

Sent in non escalate question a couple days ago and got nothing. Escalated this morning and received back response yes.

FWIW my 100D was one of the last with the 48amp. Not related I know, but gives an idea of production date. My car was inventory. Don't have build date handy.

See attached. Firmware upgrade only.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

That is wrong and I have proof...

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 2.40.02 PM.png

17. MDMGSO47

MDMGSO47 Member

I apologize for being late to the game on this, but which S 100Ds are capable of the additional speed? Are they manufactured after a certain date? Mine was manufactured mid-June and delivered at the end of June 2017.

18. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

That's not the performance update.

19. SucreTease

SucreTease Teslarian

Sigh. I wish Tesla could get all of its customer-facing people on the same page. But customer service is such a morass of disinformation, obsolete information, and ignorance. You would think they would have like memos or meetings with all customer-support personnel to make sure that everyone is on the same page before talking to customers. I can tell you that if I were in charge of customer support, things would be a lot different.