Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 100D Performance Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an hour to burn just now after reading about the 100D performance upgrade so I stopped in to my local service center to ask if they could push the update to my car.

I’m running 2017.42.a88c8d5 now.

I was told they DO have the update but that they need me to leave the car for two hours so that they can “monitor” the upgrade in case something goes wrong.

That seems odd.

I asked if there were any hardware changes and was told no.

It’s not that they just didn’t want to bother now or that this is their standard practice.

Does this mean everyone with the 100D needs to go to make an appointment? Hmmmmm

On the 75Ds, the uncorking has to be done by a service tech. The explanation given was that during the process, some safety systems are temporarily disabled, and they're worried that the update could fail halfway through and leave the vehicle unsafe.I'm sure it's the same for the 100Ds.

Reactions: DaddyP713
The firmware update is independent of the performance update. Not sure all they do, but on the 75Ds, they change two values (like P1 to P3 or something) and some other value. If BOTH are not set properly, then the car is still Corked and the 0-60 stays the same.

I just called my local SC as well to ask them about the 100D update and they were not aware of any service bulletin or update. I was trying to see if my 90D produced in June would qualify. Any 90D owners inquired about the update?

This was Tesla told me related to Uncorking Performance Upgrade

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support. There is a uncorking performance upgrade. However this was for 75 D vehicles. The has not been a performance upgrade for 100 D vehicles yet. If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact customer support or your local service center. Thank you for your patience and have a great week. "

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting customer support. There is a uncorking performance upgrade. However this was for 75 D vehicles. The has not been a performance upgrade for 100 D vehicles yet. If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact customer support or your local service center. Thank you for your patience and have a great week. "
Who sent you this response? Definitely incorrect and I would escalate the issue

"Hello,

If you have the time you may want to check the perf_config using the API, a thread is at
Tesla Owner API Tutorial (All you need is your browser)

"Hello,

Most people at SC don't know. They had to ask further and I have now an appointment for uncorking on Monday

Sent in non escalate question a couple days ago and got nothing. Escalated this morning and received back response yes.

FWIW my 100D was one of the last with the 48amp. Not related I know, but gives an idea of production date. My car was inventory. Don't have build date handy.

See attached. Firmware upgrade only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171120-120333.png
    Screenshot_20171120-120333.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Informative
Reactions: Meng and MP3Mike

"Hello,

That is wrong and I have proof...

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 2.40.02 PM.png

"Thank you for contacting customer support. There is a uncorking performance upgrade. However this was for 75 D vehicles. The has not been a performance upgrade for 100 D vehicles yet."
Sigh. I wish Tesla could get all of its customer-facing people on the same page. But customer service is such a morass of disinformation, obsolete information, and ignorance. You would think they would have like memos or meetings with all customer-support personnel to make sure that everyone is on the same page before talking to customers. I can tell you that if I were in charge of customer support, things would be a lot different.