Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s 100d scratch ( help please)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I have a model s 100d.unfortunately my dad scratched through our house's garage earlier this morning. I was wondering if this is minor scratch or major scratch. It seems like there are no dents but scratch looks pretty big to me. Should i change the whole bumper or will compound work for this kind of scratch?
Thank you so much for your help.
70A9FDD1-673E-4ECA-A4DA-0FA5B5BE45EE.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s difficult to see in picture, but if the house is white and that is paint transfer, a detailer can likely remove all of the color with a random orbital polisher and compound. You will be left with indentations and maybe grooves scraped down to the material underneath (the bumper is not metal). Rather than replace the bumper, the other option is to simply fill, sand and repaint given it appears to be surface scratches. Much less expensive.

For this fix you certainly don’t need to change the bumper, it’s plain paint damage. Upper section of the scratch can be sanded out as it seems to be in the clear coat layer. These white stripes on lower section are definitely deeper and there you need to get them painted. If you can’t find certified paint shop (as they know how to remove the bumper) then your best second option is to find paint repaid/detailer on the wheels as it can be repaired in your driveway.
I did it myself, removed the bumper and had it painted in nearby paint shop (BMW dealership just around the corner). Just handed over and picked it up when it was done, mine is the Titanium Silver Metallic (PPTI) and they only had some struggle to get the right colour.